Monday, March 21, 2011

Timeless Tuesday #110 - The Mask


Our Timeless Tuesday challenge this week is being hosted by Makiko, and she wants you to put on your mask! :) Well, do some masking with your stamped images... is that clearer? Stop on over at the Flourishes blog for all the challenge details, and to enter your masked creation! And don't forget... review the rules for entering the challenge! You must create a card using the challenge specifications, but you also must leave comments for the designers to be qualified. The number of entries each week are not the same as the number of comments so I assume people are not realizing the new rule that went into effect last month!

For my card, I chose to use the Mix 'n Mugs stamp set, because no matter what mug you choose you still have to mask whatever image you choose to put in the mug, too. I paired the image with some new Crate Paper designer paper, and tore a page out of an old, never-used cookbook I found when cleaning out some drawers in my kitchen last weekend. I always love how pages from an old book look on a card, and thought why not use a recipe from a cookbook!?The other Flourishes Bloggers have some great inspiration for you today so please be sure to stop by their blogs!

Amanda Havon, March Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it!










Stamps: Mix 'n Mugs (Flourishes)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up!; Flourishes Classic Ivory; designer paper (Crate Paper "Emma's Shoppe")
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); markers (Copic)
Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders); ribbon (SU!); Diving Twine; button; brads.

19 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Tammy!!~

Laura Pryor said...

Oh this is so pretty! Genius to use the recipe paper!! Very very clever and unique!

Heather Rogers said...

So cute, Tammy! I love this set. I just made mu brother's BDay card using the tools. Best masculine card I have made yet. LOL
Hugs~

Amanda said...

Fabulous card, Tammy! I'm jealous! I wish I had thought of that cookbook page idea!!! Love it :)

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card...great idea about using pages..Thanks.

Unknown said...

Oh this is fabulous Tammy!! I love the fun DPs and colors! Using the old cookbook page is such a wonderful idea too! Fantastic job on the masking :)

The Rubber Maid said...

How adorable this card is. Love your add of the curled paper and the great colors you used. Sweeet!
Pat

Anonymous said...

How grand, Tammy! With all this indoor weather, a warm kitchen makes great sense. Of course, you choose some heated colors to encourage the rewarding action. Tasteful card.
Keep Looking UP!
mt23stamperatyahoo

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love how you masked this Set...great minds do think a like...LOL! Fabbo colors too! Hugs ~S~

Leslie Miller said...

Super duper cute! How awesome with the cookbook page! Just think, you have a whole book of kitchen-themed designer paper! Love the idea!

Elizabeth said...

This is so gorgeous. I love the colour palette and something I will learn from this is your angled papers. I'm really annul at this and centre everything it kills me to offset things!

Barbara said...

How stinking sweet is this??!! Love that paper, girl!! Fabulous design!

Betty Wright said...

I just love the whole look and style, Tammy! Wonderfully vintaged, distressed, and colored! Awesome card!

Benzi said...

Love how you used this set...perfect for the masking challenge. And the cookbook page is very clever. Fabulous work!

Miriam said...

Love your idea with the old recipe book. I'm going to go dig one out of my garage! Beautiful card.

Shannon White said...

Wow! I love this card! So cute! Love your masking, and coloring. So clever to use the recipe pages too.. Just Fabulous! This set is so versatile, can't wait to ink it up.
8-)

Jessie/knightrone said...

How fabulous!!

stampqueen said...

Adorable!!! Love the recipe in the background!!!

Dee Jackson said...

Tammy this is wonderful! I love the colors and your awesome masking!