Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Timeless Tuesday #109-Butterflies!


It's time for another Timeless Tuesday challenge from Flourishes, and today Silke Ledlow is our hostess and she is challenging everyone to add butterflies to their creations! In the paper crafting world, I think there are literally thousands of options for adding butterflies... embellishments, die-cuts, papers, stamped images... you could find them anywhere! So have some fun with this one, and link up your creation over at the Flourishes blog! You could be the winner of a $10 gift certificate to spend in the Flourishes online store! Check out the blog for all the details and how to enter!

For my card, I took some inspiration from the Mojo Monday sketch this week, and this new Gabrielle paper I got recently from Bo Bunny, which has butterflies! I also added a die-cut butterfly made from a Die-Namics die, and some Zva bling from the Flourishes store! My sentiment comes from the Hello Hyacinth stamp set.
For more butterfly inspiration, stop and see what the other Flourishes Bloggers have created today...

Amanda Havon, March Guest Designer

Many thanks for stopping by today! I {heart} all your wonderful comments!









Stamps: Hello Hyacinth (Flourishes)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up!; designer paper (Bo Bunny "Gabrielle")
Inks: Versafine Smoky Gray (Tsukineko); Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Nestabilities circle (Spellbinders); Butterfly Die-Namics (My Favorite Things); gemstone swirls (Zva); seam binding.

38 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

I love this one.. really like the papers and the ribbon used.

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, Tammy! I love that paper, the bling, the seam binding, all of it!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeousness personified! That BLUE dp is sooooo pretty!

Amanda said...

I "HEART" your card!!! Wow! I love your colors and design!!! And the bling was a great wake up call to pull my bling and play with it!! :)

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, Tammy! This is a stunner!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tanny this is GORGEOUS!!

Diane said...

So pretty...love those colors and that "yummy" ribbon!!

Silke Ledlow said...

So, so beautiful Tammy!!! Love your butterfly creation. Hugs~S~

sparklingblackrose said...

Gorgeous :-) Elaine-xxx-

Cass. said...

This is gorgeous...caught my eye right away :) The colors are just perfect :)

Anne said...

simply stunning . . . i love your punched and deminsionalized butterfly. the gem stone swirls are a nice touch.. fabulous job..
-anne-

Heather said...

Very pretty, love that color combo!

Unknown said...

Super fabulous Tammy!! Love those distressed designer papers and vintage style! Beautiful detail as always!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Tammy!! Love the paper, bling, and your bow with the seam binding!!

Emily Keaton said...

Those colors are outstanding, Tammy! What a pretty combo for this lovely card. :)

Betty Wright said...

Fantastic, Tammy! Great colors and I love the layered butterflies! Great sparkle, too! Beautiful!

Benzi said...

Beautifully done! I love that wonderful sentiment. The butterfly steals the show.

Linda Fisher said...

A very pretty card!!! Everything seems to flow perfectly. How sweet is that sentimet! Perfectly done.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card Tammy!!!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So pretty! Love the colors and the fabby bow!

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Olena

stampqueen said...

Great card - I especially like the bow!!

Anniebee said...

I love this card! I'm not sure what I like so much; it's not something I can put my finger on. I think it might be the overall distressed look. Anyway, you did a fabulous job on it.

Pattie said...

I absolutely love this sentiment and all the great details on this card - beautiful!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, this is totally gorgeous! Love the shabby chic feel and gorgeous colors! Beautiful work! Blessings, Angie

Sandy O said...

Oh this is just perfect. Love your color choice and the ribbon is just perfect!

Lori said...

Love the colors you choose on this card...it's just beautiful

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous card Tammy!

tiff said...

Lovely card! The colors look great!

Leanne said...

Beautiful card.

Mary said...

Very cool card. LIke that ribbon!

E. Marie said...

Really lovely. I love your "ribbon" and pearl swirls.

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi TammY
this is fab, love the colours and the distressing !!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

hol* said...

Wow these colours go so well together. So cool.

Maria Matter said...

so beautiful Tammy!
hugs!

Dee Jackson said...

Beautiful Tammy!! I'm loving that bow:)

Debbie said...

Oh so pretty, Tammy ... lovely seam binding and beautiful sentiment :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous!!!