Friday, March 18, 2011

Bellarific Friday-Hello Spring


I love Friday for a variety of reasons, but one reason high on my list is Bellarific Friday! :) I just love to get my Bella stamps inky and play along with the Bella Babes each week for the chalenges! A few weeks ago I made this Mavis card for the weekly challenge, and incorporated some Kraft cardstock into the design so I could also enter my card in a newly discovered challenge. Bella Babe and fabulous Jeanie Witmer has a challenge called That's Krafty Thursday and she challenges everyone to create using Kraft cardstock. Well, Kraft cardstock and I have this love affair going on... I think it's getting serious... so I HAD to enter her challenge! And lo and behold, I got this wonderful email from Jeanie on Wednesday night letting me know that my Mavis card had been chosen as a Top Krafty Chick! I was so seriously thrilled, and just admire Jeanie's work so much and now I get to display her cute spotted hen on my blog, too! :) Stop by Jeanie's blog sometime and see her wonderful designs! You won't be disappointed!

The Bellarific Friday challenge this week is a sketch challenge... my favorite! And since I spent some time this week helping my sweet friend Cindy price a bunch of her stamping stuff for a moving sale, I just couldn't resist buying some of her old Bella stamps from her... they needed to come and live with me! So I inked up Billybootabella to make this sweet, Spring-time card using the sketch.
The papers I used here are the new Stella & Rose from My Mind's Eye, and I added a gorgeous green ribbon (from LeAnne!) and a hand-cut cloud.

I hope wherever you're at today and this weekend that there is plenty of sunshine and no rain! Happy stamping, and thank you for stopping by!









Stamps: Billybootabella (Stamping Bella)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up!; cream (Flourishes Classic Cream); designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); markers (Copic)
Accessories: Petite Oval Nestabilities, tag (Spellbinders); ribbon (SU!); brads; button; string.

8 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

I've seen that cutie chicken around but I didn't know it was a kraft paper challenge! Why haven't I played?? I haven't made anything without kraft in AGES!!! Thanks! Heading there now! Love your card. It's bright, perfectly laid out, colored and embellished!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is DARLING Tammy!~ LOVE this Bella and your coloring ROCKS!! FAB mix of patterns too!

Karen Howard said...

This is gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous and I LOVE the image and layout!

Pauline said...

Tammy, you did a fantastic job on this challenge. Love your image you choose, and papers! thanks for playing along

Ida said...

So cute! She's just perfect for our spring weather right now.

Barbara said...

Fabulous card, Tammy! You should be on that team--you rock those images!

wendyp said...

Congrats Tammy!!! I {heart} kraft paper!!! I'll have to remember to check out that site! Love your bella card...super sweet!

The Spotted Chick said...

Awwww, bless your heart!! Thanks for the "shout out" Tammy and I'm SO excited that Clara has found herself a FABULOUS new home on your blog! Well deserved!!

I just LOVE your card today! Your coloring of Bella is outstanding! Can't wait to see your "polka dot" card! {{{hen hugs}}}