Thursday, March 3, 2011

TCP148 - Get Lucky!


Anyone feelin' lucky? If so, you ought to join in the TCP Tuesday challenge this week from The Cat's Pajamas! The challenge is to create a card for St. Patrick's Day or to wish someone good luck! I kinda' did both with my card!

I got new papers today from Cosmo Cricket, and while flipping through the Social Club Mini-Deck, I noticed the very first page was this awesome green plaid! So I knew it'd be perfect for a card to meet this challenge. I added in some papers from October Afternoon, because... well, because you can NEVER have too much paper, right? I used PJ the Bear from the Honey Bear stamp set, but when I inked him up, I left off the heart on the left side. Then, for a shamrock I used a white Petaloo hydrangea flower, colored it with Copics and secured it with a new gold SU! Glimmer Brad (a little birthday gift from my sweet friend, LeAnne!) Some of that fabulous plaid to paper-piece his belly was also definitely in order!
I used a "good luck" sentiment from another stamp set on a Nestabilities tag, and did my usual ribbon/button/Divine Twine combo to tie it on. Just below the ribbon is the Big Scallop Cut-Ups die.

I hope you like my "lucky" card today! Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

Sarah Gough said...

oh my gosh, that plaid is TO DIE FOR! so funky and cool!

Laura Pryor said...

Ok, you've outdone yourself! This is tops for me!!! Maybe my favorite card of yours of all time! It's so good it's rediculous!!! From the plaid tummy, to the hygrangea leaf clover with glimmer brad to the rich black elements that make this POP...it's AWESOME!!

Barbara said...

Off the hook cute!!! Love that plaid tummy coloring and your hydrangea GENIUS!!!

Monique said...

I don't know how you do it...This is wayyyy to cah-ute!! I love his big plaid tie!!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, this is adorable!!! Love his tie!

Ida said...

Oh so cute, Yes I like it very much!

~ Jo ~ said...

This card is just too darn cute! Love the papers!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is ADORABLE!!