Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Color Throwdown #121


Hey everyone, welcome to another week for the Color Throwdown! After this week, there is one challenge left for the year before the girls on the team take a much needed BREAK!

Speaking of breaks, I decided to take a tiny break from the posts for the My Favorite Things teasers and decided to use one of my Verses Rubber Stamps for today's Throwdown card. Verses is a company that I have carried at the store for years, and I have always liked their stamps. They're just located in Cinncinnati, about 4 hours from me so I've had the pleasure of meeting Connie Williams, the owner as well as some of the ladies who work for her at some of the stamping conventions. So I was pretty pleased when Connie contacted me and asked if I'd do some design work for her! My official stint as a designer doesn't start until January, but that won't stop me from using the stamps anytime! :) This "take joy in today" stamp is one of my favorites.... you've seen it before, I know!

Kristin is our Throwdown hostess today, and she was inspired to choose these colors from some chocolate that she's addicted to, these Lindor truffles! I stamped my Verses sentiment using Memento Rich Cocoa ink, then quickly hit it with some clear embossing powder. I overstamped the sentiment with a Tim Holtz stamp in Bashful Blue ink, and stamped the Bashful Blue background with the Crackle Cover-a-Card stamp from Impression Obsession. All the edges are sponged with Tea Dye ink as I was trying to go for a vintage-feel but also trying to keep it a little clean-and-simple. The layout is from Sketch #118 from Clean & Simple Stamping.
Stop over at the Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and the Linky Tool so that we can see your creation! And visit my Throwdown sisters' blogs for more inspiration...







7 comments:

LeAnne said...

So cool, Tammy.....I love the vintage shabby look you achieved! And of course, it's BLUE! WOOHOO!

Lynn Put said...

What a pretty card! I love the vintage look with the seam binding bow and tea dye ink with the embossed sentiment!

Laura Pryor said...

You do clean, simple and elegant so beautifully!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your use of the great sentiment as the focal point! Great use of these colors!

Broni said...

I really love that background on the sentiment circle! Beautiful card! Funny how so many of us embossed our marina mist panels!!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! Love the crinkly ribbon-very elegant!

Cathy Rulli said...

Beautiful Tammy!!!! Awesome work!