Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Color Throwdown #119


Another week brings another Color Throwdown! This week is being hosted by Barbara, and she was inspired by Fall for the colors this week. I really love this color combo, and was happy to find some paper in my Cosmo Cricket "Nutmeg" paper pad that matched up these colors very nicely. The challenge this week is especially exciting too because we are welcoming back an old member of the team!!! Cathy Indelicato has been on a bit of a stamping hiatus, but now she's back and we could not be more thrilled to "see" her again!

I used a semi-neglected Flourishes stamp set for my card today, the Seasonal Wreaths. I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch #165 for the layout. The sketch seemed intimidating at first, but came together quickly once I got started! I tied a pretty bow, inspired by Bar to hang my sentiment tag.

Stop by the Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for some great inspiration!

Cathy Indelicato (welcome back, girlfriend!)
Lynn Put, November/December Guestie

I hope you'll decide to play along with us this week! Happy stamping!

9 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, Tammy. I have so many good things to say about this I don't even know where to begin. It's PERFECT!!!! It's effortless. It's GORGEOUS!! That wreath is so amazingly beautiful. I thought it was a PTI set but am off to check it out at Flourishes! Your papers are perfect and perfectly balanced (meaning I think you really put the right colors in the right places) and your bow and tag are awesome! I'm a big fan of this creation!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is GORGEOUS, Tammy! I agree with everything Laura said above :] That paper is perfect for the challenge, and you arranged everything perfectly! The bow is beautiful with your sentiment hanging from it and that wreath is so pretty. Just lovely, gf ♥

Lynn Put said...

This is fabulous Tammy! I love the wreath, the papers, twill ribbon...all of it is wonderful! A perfect fall card!

Barbara said...

At the risk of word overuse, I'll have to say everything about this card is PERFECT, too ;-) Seriously, gorgeous card, girlfriend!

Broni said...

This is sooo pretty, Tammy! That's a favorite Flourishes stamp for me and I just love the papers you used!!

LeAnne said...

How sweet---I am glad I'm not the only one stamping wreaths lately....it seems to be my kick! I love that Nutmeg paper, it's perfect for the challenge!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I just adore that stamped wreath...they have been some of my favorite images this fall and for Christmas too! Great use of the sketch! ♥♥♥

dpkennedy said...

Just beautiful Tammy! Love that wreath! Geez, guess this was the sketch to use!

Cathy Rulli said...

I love it - so glad to be back stamping with my gf's!!! I've missed you all. Thanks for the warm welcome back.