Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Color Throwdown #117


Are you ready to Throwdown color again this week? It's my turn to host the challenge, and my colors were inspired by some paper I picked up recently from Teresa Collins. I have the starry paper that I used here on my card, and also this fabulous cupcake paper! I found that even though shades of blue are NOT my favorite colors, this paper really spoke to me. So get busy creating.... I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Since my paper here is covered in stars, I just had to pull out my Clearly Sentimental about Emerson stamp set from My Favorite Things and use this sentiment on my card. I used the Mojo Monday sketch for this week as inspiration for my layout, but ended up turning it sideways and deviating from it slightly. Still, it was just the inspiration I needed! I added a little October Afternoon paper on the left side of my card as I felt some contrast was needed, and all the paper and cardstock was sponged with tea dye distress ink. The stars and the jumbo ric-rac are from MFT Die-Namics dies, too.
Stop over at the Color Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and also help us welcome a new Guestie for November and December!

Barbara Anders
Lynn Put, November Guestie

Remember, if you don't have the exact specified colors, just use whatever you have that is most similar! Happy stamping!

8 comments:

Lynn Put said...

What a FUN card! I love this sentiment, the bold rick-rack border and great star designer paper!

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Kim Burmeister said...

Oh, Tammy! This is awesome! Love the big ric rac too.

Your new blog look is nice and cheery!

Broni said...

This is so cute, Tammy! I love how you used the Die-Namics stars and ric rac! And how perfect is that sentiment!!

Laura Pryor said...

Cool card, T! I love a star theme and love you take on the mojo sketch. I especially love the star die added to your sentiment panel!

dpkennedy said...

Nice bold graphic card! Yeah, I ditto Laura...the star die is so pretty!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love this design and card! Super cute1

Barbara said...

Love this, Tammy! What a fun way to use that star border die!

Kristin Eberline said...

Great color choice this week, gf! LOVE that starred paper...so unique. Also love your interpretation of the sketch. Such a fun card!!