Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy World Card Making Day (Eve)!


In honor of World Card Making Day on Saturday, October 1st, the Flourishes Sr. Design Team is kicking things off one day early in a wild and wacky fashion! Have we got a challenge for you! It's all about that inner kid and why we love card making in general - we get to be creative! So, think like a kid and share your favorite animated character. Find a picture of that character and then be inspired by the colors for one fun-filled color challenge! We'll take entries through next Thursday, October 6th at 5PM EST. The winner of this challenge gets a fun-filled prize pack with 5 Flourishes stamp sets of our choice. Once you're done with your creation, simply link up on this post on the Flourishes blog using our Inlinkz widget. And if you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FLLCWCMD11. Th-th-tha-that's all folks!

When I was asked about my favorite cartoon character, I immediately thought of the Care Bears! Now admittedly, I did not watch Care Bears cartoons... my Care Bears were in the form of stuffed animals. When I was in high school my best friend bought me Friend Bear (shown in the graphic) for my birthday one year, and when my husband (who was my boyfriend way back then) came along he kept buying me more of them! I think I had about a dozen altogether! LOL So I just had to have my good ol' Friend Bear for the challenge today.


I found this old polka dotted paper in my stash... sorry, no clue what company it's from but I thought it was a pretty perfect match to my bear. I used the Gerber Daisies stamp set for my card, so the yellow flower centers were also perfect to go with my bear. The daisies were cut out with a Petite Oval Nestabilities, and matted on a Labels Eighteen. My yellow gingham (Authentique paper) border was made with the Classic Scallop Edgeabilities, and I added some stitching all around the perimeter, too. Then the card was finished off with a seam binding bow, and my button/tag/sentiment combo.

Here’s the fun part... all of the Flourishes Design team picked their favorite characters — so you’ll have to hop around and see which ones made the top of their lists!

Have fun with this challenge, and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

r4i said...

You always add the perfect finishing touches in each and every work, Those flower bunches are gorgeous, I can't wait to try this new technique soon.

petra,s cards said...

wauwwwww verry gorgeous love the colours you have used!!
xx petra

Amanda said...

Tammy, that is one pretty card!! The paper you used is almost a perfect match!!! Everything about your card is gorgeous :)

Julie Koerber said...

Ok lady, this is one striking card. I could stare at it for.. well a long time! Beautifully done and way to really get creative with that color scheme. I thought -- how is she going to make peach yellow and green look good? Um, you did!!!!

Leslie said...

As always - like every single card you create - this one is gorgeous, Tammy! Love the image, colors and paper! Everything just works!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Gorgeous card Tammy! Two of my favourite things, Care Bears and Gerber Daisies. What a fun challenge.

Stacy Morgan said...

Your card is very pretty Tammy and perfect with your carebare image. What a darling one too.

Dawn B. said...

I have this set and now you have inspired me to ink it up.. This is fabulous Tammy. You picked the perfect paper. Great job.

Naomi said...

Love your Care Bear inspiration! I am a child of the 80's so, I have to say, I watched A LOT of Care Bears! Your card is beautiful...LOVE the LO and the beautiful patterned papers!

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! I love these colors and your layout! Love the daisies and that rust ribbon! Stunning!

Ravengirl said...

This is super sweet! I love how a fun cartoon character translates into an elegant card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Sooooooo pretty! Love this, Tammy!

stampqueen said...

Bright and pretty!!!

Lea L. said...

Your card is so pretty...I love it!!

And the Carebears were a VERY close second to my fave character when growing up...so I LOVE your inspiration choice!! :)

Tanya said...

This is beautiful! I love orange and I love daisies!