Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Color Throwdown #158


Broni is our hostess for the Color Throwdown this week, and she's got a challenging color combo for you! Smiley from millan.net I initially could not decide what I was going to do with these colors, but once I got started with an image and some papers it all came together and I LOVE these colors!

I used a new Whipper Snapper image for my card, Pumpkins and Patchwork and a mix of My Mind's Eye "All Spice" and Cosmo Cricket "Nutmeg" papers. (Hmmm... pumpkin, allspice and nutmeg... sounds like a delicious PIE!) Smiley from millan.net

Stop over at the Color Throwdown blog for all the challenge details! And be sure to check out who our fantabulous Guest Designer is for September, Julee Tillman! :) Visit Julee and my Throwdown sisters blogs for more inspiration...

Julee Tillman, September Guest Designer

Thanks for be-bopping by today! Happy Wednesday!

12 comments:

Pauline said...

Perfect combination of papers - does sound delicious! Beautiful colouring Tammy, love how it all came together!

Barbara said...

GORGEOUS pumpkins and gorgeous card! Now I can't wait to for the frost to hit those pumpkins! Fabulous design, Tammy!

LeAnne said...

Looks yummy, Tammy! LOVE those pumpkins!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, YOU! Why do you always groan at the prettiest color combos? Especially when you do such a beautiful job with them? I think I oughta just drive on up to Ohio and *SMACK* some sense into you!!! Hee ~ can't you just picture me showing up on your doorstep, you answering the door, and WHACK! Right in the kisser! Of course, then I would be running for my life, but it might be worth it. *giggle* Gorgeous pumpkins, Tam-a-lam-ding-dong! :D

Broni said...

What a gorgeous and vibrant fall card, Tammy! And, yes, now you've made me hungry for some sweet, warm pumpkin pie!! (Tam-a-lam-ding-dong??? Oh my!)

Crafty Cath said...

OMG I LOVE pumpkins. More than anything...they are the best decoration since they last all fall and into November! Yup, they also mean nice cool days, turning leaves and scents of harvest. Hmmm, thank you for bringing me there today. I can't wait for the season to change. Beeeautiful card!

Faith S. said...

These colors are so pretty together! I love the papers and your card design!! The image is colored beautifully!! Wow!

Jessica Diedrich said...

oh WOW this is stunning, my friend. beautiful coloring and love the layout!

Marlena M. said...

I love those vibrant pumpkins! Your card is beautiful. ;)

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! Gorgeous coloring and great pairing with this paper! Sigh, I love fall!

Ida said...

Gorgeous and perfect for the start of fall. Love this one a lot.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh goodness, this is just fabulous, Tammy! Love what you did with the colors... those pumpkins are making me think I need to head to starbucks for a pumpkin scone! Just beautiful.