Monday, January 3, 2011

What's Cooking?




The musical theme of the Fan Club gallery at Splitcoaststampers this month inspired me to create these two cards for the More-is-More challenge. If you're not familiar, More-is-More is a challenge where you make a card with a simplified version, and then make another one that is kicked up a notch! I used the January 2011 Sketch for You to Try as the layout for both of my cards. I used the What's Cooking ala' modes stamp from My Favorite Things, and used Seaside designer paper from October Afternoon, and a cooking-themed twill ribbon from Creative Impressions.

For the "lesser" version here, I kept the layers to a minimum, and didn't get too carried away with the Copic coloring. Nice and simple, but still pretty cute!
Then, for the "more" version I added a layer with the red card base, paper-pieced the apron, stepped it up with the coloring, added machine stitching, a die-cut border using the Little Open Scallop Strip Die-Namics, and added a button to the sentiment circle.
Here they are together, for comparison!
Hope you like them! Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Monday!


7 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Oh, these are GREAT! Love em' both, but the "more" card truly pops with the added details! great job!

AShu93 said...

Very pretty! The aqua & red is one of my favorite color combos. My cards usally look more like the first version. I wish I could figure out how to kick them up a notch & make them as pretty as yours. Happy New Year!

Jenny Gropp said...

Adorable!!!!
Happy New Year!!!!

Barbara said...

You totally ROCKED this, Tammy!!! Fabulous layout, coloring, and embellishments. Love it!

Monique said...

Cute card Tammy..I hope you had a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year..Cheers Monique

KathyM said...

Both cards are very beautiful but it is amazing what a difference the little extras add to the look!

Jessie/knightrone said...

They are both awesome, but you know me, I'm a MORE girl!! LOVE it!!