Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Color Throwdown #126


Hello Color Throwdown fans! We're back again this week with another fabulous color combo for you with Danielle as our hostess! She was inspired by the colors in the Marjolaine line of papers from Basic Grey, and I'm so glad she chose these! I have had some of this paper for forever, and this is the first I have used them. OMGosh, I don't think there is a single sheet that I don't LOVE!

And lucky for me, in today's mail was my most recent order from My Favorite Things which included this new Something's Fishy ala' mode! I was SO anxious for this one to arrive... that fish is just too cute! And I love the sentiments that come in this set, too. My fish is colored with Copics and I used my colorless blender to add some spots, sorta' like a fishy-skin. I also accented with just a few touches of a Sakura gelly roll glaze pen, thinking about how the gills on a fish can catch the light and be kind of sparkly, know what I mean?
The layout for my card is inspired by the Fan Club challenge on Splitcoaststampers this month. Inside the card I added one of the fun sentiments from the set, accented with a Little Open Scalloped border cut with Die-Namics.
Stop at the Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and stop by the blogs of my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration!



Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

Heehee, what a cute card....I was wondering what sentiment would go with this image! LOVE the way you colored the fish!!!

Sherman Unkefer said...

Super cute card! I love the color green. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

what a cute image and I just love what you did on the inside too!!!! It is so nice to see and I always forget to do it. You inspoired me for today's play time! Hugs~Donna

Luanne said...

I just love this image, and the sentiment inside too! What a great card, with a super color challenge. Hope I can play this one...tfs!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun card...inside and out! That image (and sentiment) is just too cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Tammy!

Barbara said...

Super, duper CUTE, gf!! Love what you did with this set!

Broni said...

Love how you colored her and the fish and how the "bubble" embossed background is just perfect!! So cool!

dpkennedy said...

This is so cute! I love how you gave the fish dots and texture with the colorless blender! Ab fab!

Justine said...

This was an odd color combo but you make it look fantastic. Great job

~ Jo ~ said...

Now this card is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

LeroyLime said...

stinkin' CUTE card....love love love that stamp! Great colors to work with this week!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is so flippin adorable, Tammy! I cannot even get over how amazing your coloring is! The details you added to the fish are incredible. Beautiful work, my friend ♥

Leslie Miller said...

Love this, Tammy! I think this image is so cute, and your blue and white color combo, cute papers, and super layout are perfect for it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

EEEEKS!! Too cute!!

Laura Pryor said...

The way you colored the fish is just awesome! This has to be the funniest image/sentiment ever! I so love what you did with it!