Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Timeless Tuesday #101-Think BIG!


I have some exciting news to share with you all today! Betty Wright has been the fabulous, fearless leader of the Timeless Tuesday Challenges for Flourishes for the last two years. She's done a wonderful job with this, but has recently decided to step back from the responsibilities of being the leader. With her decision came the need for a new leader for the team, and my sweet friend Julie Koerber asked me to take the reigns! How could I say no? Flourishes stamps are some of my most favorite, and I'm just thrilled at this wonderful opportunity! I owe many thanks to Julie for having the confidence in my design work and leadership abilities to ask me to do this, and I appreciate the warm welcome the girls on the team have given me! I have a few ideas for some different things for the challenge in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

Today's challenge is being hosted by Dee Jackson. I worked with Dee a few years ago when we were both on the Kitchen Sink Stamps team, and also with Stamp Simply. (In fact, many of the girls on the team are ones I have worked with in the past, so this all feels like a homecoming for me!) Dee is challenging everyone to think big, and wants us to create cards that are larger than the normal... at least 5x7 in size! I have to admit, I was a little intimidated at first but once the mojo started flowing, I found it fun to super-size my card!
I decided to use the DIY Topiary stamp set because I knew I could stamp a grouping of trees to make for a larger focal image. That's a good thing to concentrate on when you go to start on your design... pick something large. A smaller image will just be dwarfed by the card size. I paired my images with papers from Fancy Pants, and added a big bow using the wrinkle ribbon from Creative Impressions, tied off with a big ol' button. The gemstones I used at each end of my Labels 10 oval are from Prima.

So, I hope you'll stop over at the Flourishes blog to play along with us today! Everyone can play, and anyone can win. Each week, Flourishes awards one random participant a $10 gift code to use in the Flourishes store! Just link your creation using the McLinky widget on the blog to be entered. Using Flourishes stamps on your card isn't required, but if you have them by all means, use them! Be sure to post an actual direct link to your Timeless Tuesday creation, not just a general blog link... we want to be sure we can find your creation! And if you upload to SCS, please use keyword FTTC101!

Now let's see what the Timeless Tuesday team members did in a BIG way today...


So, sorry for the longer post today but I had to share my excitement with all of you! Thank you for stopping by! I hope to see your creations for Timeless Tuesday #101!

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

WELCOME Tammy, I ADORE your card.

Jessie/knightrone said...

FABULOUS!! Good for you!!

LeAnne said...

Awesome, Tammy! Congratulations!! :D

Silke Ledlow said...

WELCOME TAMMY!!! WAHOOO...I SHARE YOUR EXCITEMENT!!! Beautiful card GF! Love how you use this set and colored it! Hugs ~S~

Dee Jackson said...

Welcome Tammy!! This is beautiful. I love the mix of papers and your coloring is gorgeous!

Laura Pryor said...

Gorgeous card, Tammy! Congrats!! :)

Unknown said...

Welcome Tammy!! I'm so glad I get to be in the same team with you again!!
I love how you designed this card with the set. Your coloring is super fabulous!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Gorgeous card! Congratulations Tammy... you go girl!

Betty Wright said...

Tammy, your card is gorgeous! Beautifully colored and detailed! Welcome to the team! I thank you for taking over the reigns! I love Flourishes and look forward to seeing what you bring to the FTTC!

Heather Rogers said...

Congratulations Tammy. I am happy to see you with FLourishes. One of my most favorite stamp companies.
Your card is darling. I love the cute papers you used and I don't think I have seen that stamp before. I am a little intimidated by the big size as well. I will give it a try though. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Tammy! I was so happy to hear you'd joined up with the Flourishes team! I love this set and haven't seen it used for a while. You did a beautiful job on this card. BIG and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tammy!! Lovely topiaries and beautiful colors!
smiles,Deena

Julie Koerber said...

Welcome g-friend! I love your card today and love the pop of color with those red roses! I know you are going to rock it as team leader and I am so thankful you said YES!!! :-)