Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Color Throwdown #125


The weeks just keep flyin' by and here we are ready for another Color Throwdown challenge! Today Barbara is our hostess, and she chose these pretty, soft colors for us to work with. It's such a lovely, pastel pallette, don't you think?

The sentiment stamp I am using here is "A Special Prayer" from Verses Rubber Stamps. But first I stamped an old Hero Arts stamp on the paper using Tattered Rose distress ink. I stamped the sentiment in Forest Moss distress ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. After cutting with the Labels 4 Nestabilities, I sponged Antique Linen ink around the edges before removing the paper from the die. The designer paper I used is Capella by Basic Grey.
I also used the Rolled Rose Die-Namics for the flower, and the Little Open Scallop Strip, both from My Favorite Things.

Stop at the Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and then stop and see what my Throwdown sisters have to inspire you!

Lori Tecler, January Guest Designer

I hope to see YOU playing along with us! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Christiana said...

This is beautiful! What a pretty color combo!

Barbara said...

Simply gorgeous, Tammy! Love that sentiment focal image and your PERFECTLY ROLLED rose.

LeAnne said...

Love this Tammy! That rose is gorgeous!

Broni said...

This is FAB-u-lous, Tammy! I love, love, love the soft background stamping of the flowers. Beautiful card!

dpkennedy said...

This is so beautiful! Your rolled flower is perfect! How do you do that?! I've never been able to do that, so I just call mine shabby chic! The stamping with the sentiment is just gorgeous too!

Unknown said...

beautiful card!!
I like the pretty flower and the sweet butterflies

Lori said...

Tammy, this is lovely! The butterflies and the rolled rose are the perfect accents for the sentiment.