Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TCP Tuesday.... just a little late!


Yes, it's Tuesday again which means it's time for another TCP Tuesday challenge from The Cat's Pajamas! Trouble is, I'm still stuck on last Tuesday's challenge! I just seemed to go back and forth on what I wanted to do with this challenge, which was to be inspired by this CUTE hat! I finally decided to just go with the black, and the bright colors for my card, as you can see below...

This Ship Happens stamp set just cracks me up so much, so I had to use it for this card. I used a bunch of bright October Afternoon papers on my card, including using some to paper-piece the tea cup. There is some machine stitching in there, several colors of Divine Twine, and a scalloped border made with the Icing Cut-Ups die from TCP. And the layout is based on the Sketch for You to Try for January '11.

Hope your week is off to a great start! Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, Tammy! This is completely fabulous! Your paper pairing is unbelievable! Using the black makes the penguins POP! Love the image and sentiment and how you ROCKED the sketch. If you don't get guest designer over at SFYTT I will be SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I say!

Barbara said...

Totally worth waiting for, my girl!! Fabulous card--love how you brought in the black and all the bright colors! A really winner in my book!

~ Jo ~ said...

Tammy I love the colors you used. It really does mimick the hat inspiration! I absolutely love this card!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable!! Love all the colors/dp you chose!! This set is one of my faces, too.

Jessie/knightrone said...

TOTALLY Cute!! Great job with the challenges!!