Monday, January 17, 2011

TCP141 - Get Well Soon



The TCP Tuesday challenge for this past week from The Cat's Pajamas is to use ribbon in a new and different way, but NO BOWS! Ack! That's a toughie for me.... I love my ribbon! So I decided to try running a gathering stitch along one edge of a grosgrain ribbon, then pulling up one of the threads to make a flower! And I must say, I'm pleased with how it turned out! I accented the flower with a button and some Divine Twine (yes, tied in a bow but that's not ribbon, right?) and cut out my "Get Well Soon" sentiment with my Sentiment Flag die from Laura at Lil' Inker Designs. My scalloped border along the left side was created with the Icing CutUps die from The Cat's Pajamas, and the designer papers are My Mind's Eye. This sweet bear comes from the "A Cuppa" stamp set, and the card is going to my co-manager/friend Brenda who unfortunately has to have wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow! I do NOT envy her one bit! I have a good book to take to her later in the day, and some Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino ice cream for when she feels like eating again!
Thanks for visiting me today! Have a great week!

9 comments:

jjcreations said...

Very cute and wonderfully coloured. Love all the different layers!

Lisa Kind said...

Awesome coloring, Tammy! Such a cute card! Love your ribbon flower, too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Tammy!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Barbara said...

OK, this would help me get well. Love that sweet little flower!

Barbara Moore said...

Very cute card. Well done!

Ida said...

Super Cute! Love the image and your flower really turned out well.

LeAnne said...

Love this card...I know she'll appreciate it, especially since it will come with ICE CREAM!!! Your DP is the sweetest thing ever!!! You ALWAYS have great DP!!! Your ribbon flower is cute too!

Lisa H. said...

what a sweet PJ! love your ribbon flower.