Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thanks a Latte


I enjoy a good sketch challenge so much, so I was really glad to hear that the new Wednesday Stamp Club challenges with My Favorite Things were all going to be sketches for the coming year! Despite my best intentions, I never got around to playing with the first one last week, but I definitely made time this week! These ala' modes stamps from MFT are such a favorite of mine, so it was a no-brainer to use this image on my card.



The designer papers I used on this are some old Girl Friday from Cosmo Cricket, along with Stampin' Up! cardstocks. The sketch especially begged for the use of my Sentiment Flag die from Lil' Inker Designs, too. The only sentiment in this ala' mode set that would fit on the flag was the "Miss You a Latte" but I didn't want to make a card that said that. So I used the word "Thanks" from the Thanks a Bunch stamp set, and then used my stamp-a-ma-jig to add "a Latte" below. I LOVE how that turned out! :) I've been looking at some of the blogs from some stamping idols lately and trying to make note of new ideas that I either don't try or forget to try. One thing I noticed from Leigh O'Brien was that she's never afraid to cover up part of her image with a sentiment, as on this cute card. So I decided to be brave and cover up the legs here with my sentiment flag and button. What do you think? I'd love to know!

Thanks SO much for stopping by! I appreciate the new followers that have been showing up lately and new subscribers! I smile from ear-to-ear everytime I see a new face! :) Thanks for making my day!

9 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Oh, I was just saying to myself, "Gee, she covered up her legs, but it totally works!" and then I went back and read your post. It really does work and bring your attention right to the center image and sentiment! Well done! Love your Sentiment Flag too! I love how you stamped Thanks in a lighter color and "a latte" darker! That really works and I will have to try that!!! hmm, I may have to blog this one! :)

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love your take on this sketch Tammy! Very pretty card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card Tammy. Love that image and you colored it so well. Great lay-out! :o)

Betty J Schaub said...

Love EVERYTHING about this one Tammy. I am a green person and this just sings to me! And well, coffee, who doesn't love coffee!
Great creation!

Becky Carafa said...

Totally cute! I used her on my sketch, too. Good for you trying new things! It works so well here.

Lynda Benden said...

This is awesome Tammy and I LOVE where you put the button, genius! Great job!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh, you rocked this...it's AWESOME!!

Barbara said...

Totally, flippin' adorable, girl! Love those papers and she colored so beautifully!

~ Jo ~ said...

Tammy this is such a cute card! I actually like how you covered up some of her legs with the button. It looks really good. It doesn't take away from the image at all. It actually adds dimension. =)