Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Color Throwdown #124 for Katie



We're ready for another Color Throwdown this week, and this week we've got something extra special for you! Did you stop by my blog last week and see the Flourishes card I posted to send to Katie Renz? Katie is a wife and mother of 3 from Washington state who was diagnosed just before Christmas with stage IV gastric cancer. You can follow this thread on Splitcoaststampers for more information, and I also highly recommend you start to follow Katie's blog. You'll be so inspired by her courage! And right now we believe that Katie needs her stamping sisters to rally around her with love and support! So for today's Color Throwdown, we're encouraging everyone to create cards to send to Katie! And to encourage you further we're offering some prizes! Each member of the Throwdown team has a little something to give, and Kate from i {heart} papers is generously offering a prize, too. Enter your creation using a direct link on the McLinky widget on the Throwdown blog by 11:59 p.m. Sunday to be in the running, and we'll draw random winners that will be announced on the Throwdown blog on Tuesday. Cards can be sent to...

Katie Renz
PO Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913


So Broni is our hostess today, and as you can see from the color swatch above, our colors today are Early Espresso (dark brown), Soft Sky (light aqua blue), and Melon Mambo (bright hot pink). If you don't have these exact Stampin' Up! colors, just use whatever you have that is most similar.

For my card, I am using a neglected Whipper Snapper image (and I'm using it this week so I can also play along with Jessie Rone's "Forgotten Stamp Friday" challenge!) called Floral Promise. I paired my image with some October Afternoon papers and a layout that was completely inspired by Amy Sheffer. I have been drooling lately over the creations on her blog, and LOVE the zig-zag stitching she adds to her creations, so I CASE'd this card for my card today.



So, if you play along with us this week you'll be eligible to win one of the prizes we have available. Each member of the Throwdown team has something a little different, as does Kate from i {heart} papers. You can check out every blog if you want to see what's available. Winners will be drawn randomly and there will be only one prize per person. I will be giving away several yards of 11 different colors of Divine Twine, and an 8x8 pad of Modern Homemake paper from October Afternoon!

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and for helping us show support for Katie! Happy stamping!

14 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Lovely Tammy. This of gorgeous! I love all your different layers and textures and patterns. Thanks for asking me to help!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, your card really popped out of the gallery with all of its gorgeousness!! Love all your great details! Thanks to the CTD DT for this special challenge! I had read your earlier blog post about Katie and had played in the Teapot Tuesday challenge for her this week. So happy to play again for Katie. Thanks for the great prize offer...I'm crossing my fingers and toes!

Laura Pryor said...

I love your more simple image against the many layered background. It SO works! Great job organizing for Katie Renz this week!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful colors this week, love that flower in the vase.

LeAnne said...

Your flowers are spectacular---so deeply colored, I love them! CUTE papers, too....you know you always have the best stuff! Your stitching really sets it off, too!

Cat Tidwell said...

Love all the layering you have done on this Tammy! Just awesome!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Tammy! I love all your scallops and your coloring is amazing as always!

dpkennedy said...

I love this sketch! That image is so sweet and your paper combination is gorgeous too! Great card!

Broni said...

What a beautiful card, Tammy! Love all the layers of lacy goodness and your beautiful coloring!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is beautiful, Tammy! I LOVE your card...the color dispersion, your stunning coloring, the layout, your stitching...everything is just perfect! I ♥ Amy's work also...we both must be stalking her on the regular :] LOL

FANTASTIC prize giveaway...add me to the running for the paper pad (since I have a lovely collection of baker's twine thanks to a very dear friend of mine ♥)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

Unknown said...

cute card!!
I like the papers that you used

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS, Tammy! I love the light blue October Afternoon papers paired with the pink! So refreshing! Your image is beautifully colored and that chocolate ribbon with the twine takes this over the top! Thank you for the shout-out, too!

Lori said...

Tammy, this is gorgeous! Love the combination of textures--and your coloring is fabulous.