Friday, January 14, 2011

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #100


The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge is celebrating challenge #100 this week with a special blog hop! The challenge this week is to just use your favorite things! I figured that would be an extreme pleasure, so I created this card for the challenge. If you'd like more details, please visit the 100th Challenge Blog Hop post!
My favorites on this card include the Apple of My Eye stamp set, (well, I love ALL Flourishes stamp sets, but those nice big apples in this set make it one of my most-favorites!) some zig-zag and straight stitching done on the machine with my favorite Jody-thread, papers from October Afternoon, Nestabilities and Die-Namics for die-cutting, a little bit of dry embossing (not showing up very well in the red strip near the bottom), and Divine Twine tied through a button embellishment. AND it includes one of my new favorite things ever... this vintage Bingo card! I think these things are just so cool! I found some for sale on Etsy and my BFF Barbara Anders and I split the cost of them so we'd each have some. I can't wait to see what she does with them! A few other favorites here are the Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card background stamp I used at the very bottom (see that old-fashioned hand-written music on the green cardstock?), sponging done with Ranger distress inks, and the square shape.... I LOVE making square cards!

Many, many thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate the visits and comments so much!

33 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

Tammy this card is cute! I love how you used that bingo card in there. The colors you chose all blend together nicely too. Great card!

Cindy Haffner said...

What a BEAUTY Tammy!!

Anonymous said...

So yummy looking!! I like the layout with the bingo card too!
smiles,Deena

ellepaulette said...

What a beautiful, vintage creation! I love it!! :)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous, yet fun card! I love the bingo card! :D

Kay D said...

Beautiful- the coloring on your apples makes them look good enough to eat!

Laura Pryor said...

Yowza that's good! Eeek! Look at that coloring! Love your bingo card too!

Ida said...

Wonderful! Love the Bingo card and the gorgeous fruit (yum!).

Miriam said...

i LOVE this card! Especially the apples and Bingo card. GREAT color job too.

Jessica said...

I am sorry but I don't know anyone else to ask. Do you like the classic oval nestabilities or the petite oval? I only make cards and don't know which would be better. Thank you for your time! if you could email your answer to scipiosally@yahoo.com I would appreciate it.

Grace said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the bingo card! Gives a fun vintage feel!

Allison Cope said...

Fabulous card Tammy!

Brook said...

Great card, it's so colorful. I love you shading on the apples. The bingo card is a nice touch.

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Tammy! LOVE that Bingo Card!!

ChristineCreations said...

Seriously awesome Tammy! Gorgeous coloring on the apples!

Alaine said...

WOW. I am so impressed with people like you who can mix and match the patterned paper so brilliantly!!!This is stunning.

Dee Jackson said...

Beautiful Tammy! I love the mix of papers and the bingo card.

Ravengirl said...

Fabulous! That bingo card adds lots of fun!

Barbara said...

Fabulous card, gf!!! Perfectly colored, LOVE that Bingo card

Rosemary said...

those apples look so yummy! pretty card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hello Tammy...so cool that you came to celebrate with us :) !!!
Your card is absolutely beautiful!!! Love your coloring and design...hugs ~S~

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Tammy....I was just thinking that I need to get out my Bingo cards and use one on a card---great minds think alike!

E. Marie said...

I can see why you love that image - your coloring is beautiful. Love all the extras that just enhance your lovely card.

Lee said...

Oh just gorgeous coloring....those apples look deeeelicious!!

Dawn B. said...

Tammy this is beautiful. I love the way you colored the apples and the bingo card is perfect.. Great job.

FibreJunky said...

Those apples look like a painting, not a stamp. They're gorgeous! I love the paper flower with its button centre, and the bingo card is just super cool.

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous coloring on those apples. I just love the Bingo card and the pretty papers.

Janet said...

A totally fun card! I love it! I think this set is my favorite, but I haven't got it yet....it's still in the mail!

Cammie said...

What a delightful card with the gorgeous image, layout, and papers!

Donna said...

Great card, Tammy. Your colors are wonderful!

Linda Carson said...

What a delightful card Tammy! Beautiful coloring, design and layout!

Unknown said...

Tammy, your card looks so Yammy!!..wow it rhymes too, lol. I love those fabulous DP and your amazing coloring!

Betty Wright said...

Tammy, this is wonderful! Beautiful blend of patterns, colors, and elements! Lovely coloring, too! Thanks so much for celebrating Flourishes FTTC100 with us!