Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Apple of My Pie

I had a pretty joy-filled weekend… I spent all day Saturday with my wonderful hubby, who so willingly drove me to Columbus so I could go to the Simon Says Create event!  While I went shopping, he headed to the metro park across the road and went for a hike.  He doesn’t have pictures of his adventures (because he stubbornly refuses a smart phone!) but here’s a great photo of the fun I had…

1896952_10208138898775938_877034634249931975_n

Doesn’t it look like I had fun???  I even got to meet Heidi from Simon Says Stamp, and she was such a sweetheart!  I didn’t take any of the classes that were offered, but the ladies who were there for the classes sure seemed like they were having a great time, so I’m thinking I will probably partake next year!  (Especially since hubby had such a nice time at the metro park… plus there was a Cabella’s nearby!)  We even stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way home, and had Bob Evans twice!  LOL

The first thing I had to do after getting home was a little bit of organizing, and then some STAMPING with my new goodies!  Since hubby has a birthday this coming Thursday, the new Apple of My Pie stamp set from Simon Says was just perfect…

Apple of My Pie

I tried several variations of coloring the images with watercolors, but just didn’t like the look so I went with my Copics.  I fussy-cut the slice of pie and mounted it on front of the apples with foam boosters.  Then thought it needed a little something more so I added the leaf.  The papers I used are just from my stash, and I embellished with some sequins.  For the layout, I was inspired by the current Retro Sketch #187.

OK, back to stamping… there are a LOT more new goodies to play with!

Thank you for taking the time to visit me today!

3 comments:

Debra said...

Wow, I'm very very jealous right now! You can drive to a shop that carries all that stuff?! And they sell Reverse Confetti in the store?? Nice bunch of goodies you picked up. Your hubby is one nice guy to take you into town and keep himself amused while you indulged
in your hobby! Mind you, it's great that there is a Cabela's there to keep him occupied too! Hoe he has a great birthday later this week!

Lyn said...

Your card is wonderful and how awesome that you got to visit..........Yes do go next year and post us lots of pics :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, what a stash of stamping goodies! I would love to get Teresa to go with me to that event next year. SSS has some cream of the crop instructors! Love your hubby's birthday card! Now you'll need to bake him an apple pie to go with it. :-)