Saturday, October 17, 2015

Birthday Cheers!

My sister had a birthday this past week, but I’ve waited until today to post her card so she wouldn’t see it pop up in her Facebook feed.

I mentioned my sister two months ago when I posted this card for her husband.  They have a barn full of horses, and dogs running everywhere, and even an old pot-bellied pig at their farm.  I really struggled with what to do for her birthday card, since I felt like I had already outdone myself with the card for my brother-in-law.  But anyone who knows my sister even just very casually knows that she likes the color purple, and she likes her beer!  :)  So here’s what I came up with…

Cheers for Kendra

I used the LLD Soda Pop stamp set and Soda Pop Bottles Die-Namics from My Favorite Things to create this card, only I cut the bottles from a medium-brown card stock, and sponged on a little bit of Aged Mahogany ink to give them a reddish cast, like a beer bottle.  I added the “Cheers” sentiment from the Uncorked Words dies from Papertrey Ink, and sponged the background with the Concentric Circle stencil from MFT.

My sister goes to the mailbox about once a week at her place, so I’m still waiting to hear whether she received and liked the card… crossing my fingers that it’s perfect for her!

1 comment:

Broni said...

Love the lavender burst behind the bottles of pop!! I can't imagine why I thought they were beer bottles at first!!