Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Color Throwdown #365

Color Throwdown #365 cropped

It’s Wednesday so that must mean it’s time for another Color Throwdown challenge!  Broni is our hostess today, and she’ll have you clicking your heels three times and repeating “there’s no place like home…” with this inspiration photo for our colors today…

swatch 365

I really, really loved working with these colors today… SO fun!  I played with some fantastic new Reverse Confetti products for my card…

Color Throwdown #365

Using the October Sketch for You to Try (and taking some inspiration from Amy Rohl’s fabulous card here) I created my card using the new Wreaths and Holly Confetti Cuts dies.  I cut the wreath from silver glitter card stock, then used my Copic airbrush gun to color it a shade of hot pink.  The holly leaves were cut from gray card stock, and sprayed pretty heavily with some shimmer spray, as you can see in the photo up at the top of my post.  I also used the brand new Winter Words Confetti Cuts to cut the word “joy” from hot pink card stock, and colored it with a clear Wink of Stella pen.  The holly and “joy” were layered onto a vellum Tag Me Confetti Cuts tag.  The background was stamped in a pale gray ink using the Wide Stripes background stamp from Simon Says.

Please be sure to visit the CTD blog today for more inspiration, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration…

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Michelle Boyer
, October Guest Designer
Lin, Guest Star Stamper

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE the subtle stripes in the background contrasted with that fabby wreath, so fun!!

Lin said...

What a gorgeous use of these colors, Tammy! Love your sweet design!

Michele Boyer said...

So pretty, Tammy! I love that wreath.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love how you used the new RC goodies! This is a gorgeous Christmas card!

Joan Ervin said...

Love that sparkly pink wreath, Tammy, and what a fabulous background....gorgeous design!!!!

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW! LOVE this SO much, Tammy! Elegant with a modern twist!
LOVE the non-traditional Christmas colour combo with all these fab RC Confetti Cuts.
Hugs,t

Kelly Latevola said...

Oh. My. God. The pink glitter! Love, love, LOVE!!

~amy~ said...

sigh.
I love this. Your use of non-traditional colors is simply fabulous.