Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pumpkin Birthday

Since Monday was Columbus Day, I had the day off so my glorious 3-day weekend has come to an end, but it sure was nice to have!  I got a LOT of stamping time, saw a movie with my hubby (go see The Martian.... GOOD movie!), had time to sit by a fire, went to the orchard for apples and made an apple crisp (which we enjoyed while watching The Walking Dead on Sunday night!) and had some good quality time with my oldest daughter, who was also off work all weekend.  So thankful to God for my family!

Here's another card I made over the weekend, using the sketch for this week at the Share Joy Challenge #6.  I'm REALLY loving this challenge...


I rarely buy any designer paper anymore, but this Die Cuts With a View 6x6 paper pad caught my eye while I was waiting in line at Joann Fabrics last week.  I just loved the shades of orange paired with the sage green.  So I paper-pieced this Outlines pumpkin with some of the paper, and added some gold accents with metallic card stock and cord.  Buttons are something I don't use very often anymore, but it just seemed like a good fit on this card!

Hopefully she doesn't read my blog... this card will be perfect for my sister-in-law's birthday coming up on the 26th!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Beautiful card. the pumpkin and button were perfect for the sketch.

Celeste Goff said...

Wow Tammy, this card is simply gorgeous! I had a nice weekend too that ended with watching the Walking Dead!

Heather said...

LOVE! ♥