Monday, October 12, 2015

Random Cards

Hey friends… I’m kind of slowing down on blogging lately, but having a handful of recently made cards I thought I’d share with you today.  I tend to post a lot more on Instagram… it’s so much easier to like and comment there, especially from my phone.  If you’re not in Instagram, you ought to be!  :)

This first card is actually a revision of this card I posted the other day.  I really loved playing with the Haunted Headstones stamps from Papertrey Ink, but kept looking at my card thinking it needed something, know what I mean?  And I woke up Saturday morning with this idea…

Haunted Headstones 2

The night before, I had asked my BFF Bar what the original card needed, and she said “do you have any ghosts or skeletons?”  And I said no, I didn’t.  But when I woke up Saturday morning, I remembered these spooky faces from the new Make-It Market Min Kit:  Halloween Pin-Ups.  So I added Frankenstein, and a ghost for a little more added character to my card!  :)

Here’s another card I made a few weeks ago using this sweet Lawn Fawn Into the Woods stamp set that I won from the MarkerPOP challenge.  (I was supposed to win a different set but it was out of stock, so I picked Into the Woods instead!)

Oh Deer

I actually made this card intending to enter it in the Share Joy challenge #5 but didn’t get it blogged in time.  I followed the sketch and the colors.  (Many thanks to my friend Katie for letting me borrow her dies for this set!)

I made this card way back in early September for Color Throwdown #358.  But the longer I looked at the card, the more I just thought it was too plain…

Wishing 1

So then I made this card instead, but for some reason I ended up making yet another card for that CTD challenge, and never blogged either one of these!

Wishing 2

On both of these cards I used the BG Grid background stamp from My Favorite Things, and the center was die-cut with the Luminary Circles die from Simon Says Stamp.  Then I added the Wishing die-cut, and a sentiment from the Sending and Wishing stamp set, also from Simon Says.

Finally, my husband and I have this friend who’s always bugging me about sending him a card. (Last night his dog got skunked, and he actually said I should send a get well card to the dog!)  And back in June, I was just overly busy and didn’t get a birthday card sent to him, and he became relentless in wanting a card!  So I finally sat down and made this…

Crazy Birds Talking

I used all of the Crazy Birds from the Tim Holtz stamp set, masking them in this arrangement.  I was a little ticked off at myself for making them so off-center, so I tried adding the sentiment at the bottom to off-set.  I don’t think I succeeded, but Rick didn’t care.  He loved the card… even the inside!

Crazy Birds Talking inside

LOL  I was afraid he wouldn’t get the sarcasm there, but he did!  :)

I hope you enjoyed this line-up of “catch-up” cards!  Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Awesome cards Tammy! I had to chuckle at the inside sentiment on the last card. I say that about my coffee intake. LOL

KimCreate said...

Great cards, I pinned the "wishing" one because it's a great masculine card. I'm always looking for ideas for those! And I have the "wishing" die. Thanks

Lisa H. said...

all of these cards are fantastic! I LOVE both of the wishing cards. great designs.

Heather said...

Love the birthday cards, and I never would have guessed the birds were Tim Holtz. I think it looks fine slightly off-center, and sort of adds to the sentiment. *grin*