Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Color Throwdown #364

Color Throwdown #364 cropped

It’s time again for another Color Throwdown challenge, and this week my BFF Barbara Anders is our hostess.  She snapped this photo of this very ornate shoe while in Italy this past summer, and she thought it’d be a good inspiration photo for our challenge today…

swatch 364

Now, I have to admit… the colors for today are supposed to be lime green, aqua and coral.  I should have checked that before I started.  Because I saw pink instead of coral so I started with a piece of Bubblegum card stock from MFT.  Then, when I realized I needed a darker shade for my flower, I went with Ripe Raspberry and now my card is a little off from the intended colors…

Color Throwdown #364

But it’s still a nice card, no?  :)  I finally used my Quilted Flower Die set from Lil’ Inker Designs for this card to send to a friend who’s birthday I forgot over a week ago!  The Seriously Word die is also from Lil’ Inker Designs, as is the matching Seriously Awesome stamp set.  I played along with the current CAS-ual Fridays challenge #144.  (I followed the far right Tic-Tac-Toe column and did stenciling, die-cutting, and embossing.)

Please be sure to visit the CTD blog today for more inspiration, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration…

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Michelle Boyer
, October Guest Designer
Claire, Guest Star Stamper

My blog readers are seriously awesome!  Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Another fabulous card Tammy! I love that beautiful stitched flower and that awesome stenciled background!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful! Love that stitched flower die!

Broni said...

Seriously...this card is awesome! LOVE that bold pink against the soft blue bricks. Also, the pink strip down the side is perfect! I love it!

samantha's cards said...

Beautiful card!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Shelly said...

Absolutely, GORGEOUS!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jamie said...

Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!