Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's Cookin'?


Just playing around this evening and made this simple card while watching American Idol.

Do you watch Idol? I've been kinda' disappointed so far in the song choices and performances. I have my favorites but so far no one has really knocked my socks off! I hope it starts getting better, as I've really been excited for this season!

Oh, and Jane... this is for you! I ran my linen thread through the holes in my button and tied the button to my twill ribbon (which contradicts what I told you today!) I stuck a glue dot under the knot of the twill ribbon for extra support.
Here are my Copic colors!
Happy stamping! Thanks for stopping by!








Stamps: Whisking Chicken (Whipper Snapper Designs), sentiment (computer generated)
Cardstock: Ruby Red, So Saffron (Stampin' Up!), blue (Core'dinations), white (Neenah), designer paper (Material Girl from Cosmo Cricket)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)
Accessories: twill ribbon (Creative Impressions), button (Stamp Simply store), Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder (ProvoCraft).

12 comments:

jjcreations said...

Very cute card - I love that ribbon - it goes so perfectly.

Joan Ervin said...

What a fun little cookin chick, Tammy....love the twill ribbon, too, and what pretty colors!!! I'm glad you felt like stamping....hope this means you are feeling better!!!! We didn't watch Idol tonight...DH rented a movie but it turned out to be a chick flick....LOL!!!!!

Pam Speidel said...

Super cute chickie! I'm admiring your coloring and love that twill ribbon too. I've got agree with you on Idol, but I think it will get better and better each week. Happy Stamping! Pam :)

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, this is so cute! I love the ribbon and the way you made your "chick" have 3D accessories. Awesome!

Barbara said...

Nope, don't watch Idol. But I love to see your cards, LOL! This one is adorable! Love that twill ribbon and your coloring rocks!

Ida said...

Cute Card, Love that Chicken image.
I agree about Idol, no one has really hit it out of the ballpark yet for me either.

Julia Aston said...

This card is just so FUN Tammy! something about a chicken just always makes me laugh! and the poppped up hat and beater are so cute!

Laura Pryor said...

Adorable!!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Straight from the hen house, this little lady's a doll! And, yes, we watch AI... and we agree with you... here's hoping they kick it up a notch-BAMM! (in sticking with your kitchen theme)

Stamping Cafe said...

Super duper adorable card, love it!!

Betty Wright said...

Tammy, this is so cute! Love the coloring and the cut work detailing on the chic(k) chef cap! Adorable! Did you stamp the twill, too, or was that already like that! Cute card!

Deb Neerman said...

Toooooooooooo cute, Tammy! LOVE that twill ribbon and that fab color combination!