Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kelsey!


Thirteen years ago today, my husband and I got up very early in the morning and headed to the local hospital for a scheduled C-section, and at 8:56 a.m. Kelsey Amanda was born! Thirteen years ago.... THIRTEEN! Geez, where does the time go??? I now officially have two teenagers in my house! All prayers are welcome! LOL

So here's a birthday card for my sweet baby girl today! I might have gone overboard with the bling on the cupcakes, but you only become a teenager once, right? I hope she likes it.

I took some inspiration for the layout from Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge #59, but maybe took a little too much liberty for it to be true to the original sketch.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELSEY! And thank you Lord God for her precious life!

Have a great day everyone!








Stamps: Cupcake Heaven (Whipper Snapper Designs), sentiment (unknown... I found this unmounted stamp in my studio and have NO idea where it came from!)
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Bermuda Bay (Stampin' Up!), designer paper (Bella Blvd.), white (Neenah)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)
Accessories: ribbon (SU!), Basic Grey button (Stamp Simply Store), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), gemstones (Zva).

11 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Sending prayers you way, gf!!! Your DD's birthday card is adorable with those sweeeet little cupcakes and gorgeous colors!!! Trust me...you will look back on these days with a smile and a giggle...maybe a tear or two, also!!!!

jjcreations said...

What a fantabulous fun bright card. Awesome.

Kim Burmeister said...

Happy Birthday, Kelsey! Yummy! This card looks good enough to eat!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey!!! What a great card, Tammy :)

Barbara said...

Sweet, sweet card, Tammy! Happy Birthday, Kelsey!!!

Sankari W. said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey!!! Congratulations Tammy! I can't believe you have two teens now in the house!! Prayers are on the way :)))) I hope Kelsey has an amazing day! Sending you lots of love!!!
Big hugs and diet coke cheers!
Sankari :)
PS - there isn't ever a thing as too much cupcake bling!!! Bling it on!

Deb Neerman said...

Tammy, this is the cutest. birthday. card. ever! I love it ... so bright and fun! Love the ribbon, the cute stacked cuppies, and the DP you used. LOVE. It!

And happy 13th birthday to your new teenager, Kelsey! Isn't it funny: we don't age, but our kids do?!? Hang on Tammy, only 6 more years of teendom to go!

Ida said...

Sending birthday wishes for Kelsey - Congrats on reaching your teens!

Super cute and yummy looking card!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is so cute! Happy Belated BD to Kelsey!!! Yes, boy, do the years go. My baby is 18 -- WOW!!! Enjoy them while we have them -- the years go too fast!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Tammy! love that sweet stack of cupcakes with the fun dotted ribbon and tag:)

dpkennedy said...

I hope she had a fab birthday! I am sure she LOVED this sparkly adorable card!