Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Color Throwdown #79


Another Wednesday brings another Color Throwdown! This week Barbara is our hostess, and the inspiration for her color selection comes from the Be Loved papers from My Mind's Eye! This is such a pretty color combo for a Valentine if you still need to get some done, or something else entirely!

For my card, I chose to use this new stamp I recently got at the store from Verses Rubber Stamps! Isn't it a crack-up? I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #55 from Karen Giron's blog for my layout.The Throwdown team has some beautiful creations to inspire you, so be sure to check out their blogs today!

Debi Southard, February Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope your week is going well! I am hoping for a snow day today, as we're getting dumped on again here in Northeast Ohio! My girls' schools have cancelled already on Tuesday night, so my fingers are crossed that I get to stay home, too!

Happy stamping!









Stamps: Healthy Glow (Verses Rubber Stamps)Cardstock: aqua green (Bazzill), Blush Blossom (Stampin' Up!), cream (Neenah), designer paper (My Mind's Eye)Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: twill ribbon (Creative Impressions), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), button (Stamp Simply Store).

14 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

The colors are beautiful, Tammy, and your card is just tooo cute!!!! Thanks for the inspiration...think I'll work on a healthy glow tonight...LOL!!!

Kelli said...

oh this card is perfect, I am sitting here with big ole glass of wine giggling. ;)

LeAnne said...

Very cute, Tammy.....is that what they call that wine-induced effect? A healthy glow?! You are sure to get lots of giggles from this one!

Jane Wetzel said...

hey Tammy! LOVE this! I WANT this image! Can u save me one?

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, this is awesome! You need to send it to Susanna! She love it! Great card!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, it has me snickering this morning!!! Love it!

Barbara said...

Heehee, I love this!! What a fun image, perfectly colored, of course :) And I love that twill and button--they're just the right embellishment!

Karen Giron said...

OMG, that is hysterical! I love that little stamp and sentiment - so clever!! Beautiful job with the challenges!

Kristin Eberline said...

Ha ha...what a clever saying! I think you unknowingly made this card with me in mind ;]

LOVE LOVE LOVE that paper!!! I really need to go shopping via telephone at your store ;] LOL Your layout is awesome and of course your coloring is spectacular!

Hope you got your snow day! Not sure if I'll get a third one in a row tomorrow but based on how much snow we got today, I'm hoping we will! The county already canceled school tomorrow and Friday. That makes an entire week plus last Friday off for them! CRAZY STUFF!

Juliana said...

Fabulous!!!
I love the card, the CTD colors and that layout!!
Well done!

Cathy Rulli said...

cute and fun!

dpkennedy said...

Ha! I love it!

Broni said...

Oh, that's too funny! Love your layout!

Debi said...

Tammy this is fabulous and so funny! I have some friends I could send that card to!