Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All that Scraps Wednesday Challenge


It's time for another Wednesday challenge with the girls from All That Scraps and this week we're using text! Use a piece from a newspaper, or a page from an old book... just include some text somewhere in your design.
My "text" shows up in my flower that I created, using a tutorial from Mercy's blog. My friend Bar calls these "poofy" flowers, and I have to agree! I love the dimension this creates on the card front. I alternated the layers of my flower with pages from an old book and pieces of Indian Summer paper from Basic Grey. I inked up all the pieces by doing direct-to-paper with some Vintage Photo distress ink to age it a little. Then I used stamps from the All Women Sentiments stamp set from Amy R at CC Designs. I thought the reference to "words" in the sentiment was quite clever for this challenge! (yeah... patting myself on the back a little with that one! LOL)
Check out the challenge and play along this week! Christine always has a great little prize for one random participant, so how can you go wrong? Let's see what you can come up with!

As always, thank you for stopping by! Your visits and comments are very much appreciated!








Stamps: All Women Sentiments from Amy R Stamps (CC Designs, available at Toyrifix)
Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Melon Mambo (Stampin' Up!), designer paper (Indian Summer by Basic Grey)Inks: Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger)Accessories: scalloped circle punch (SU!), Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars).

10 comments:

jjcreations said...

This card is beautiful Tammy. Thanks for the tutorial on the flower. I'll be using it.

Broni said...

Gorgeous flower, Tammy!!

Debi said...

love this Tammy! I have gotta make some of these flowers!

Barbara said...

I love that sentiment! And you know I love how you layered the print with the DP for your flower!! Gorgeous!

Amy said...

Beautiful card Tammy, so lovely and elegant! Those poofy flowers are always so cool looking! I love how you mixed the newprint and paper for the petals for yours!

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous, Tammy! Love your beautiful flower!

Kim Burmeister said...

Pretty! Love the flower!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy! I thought about this flower! Glad to see you created one! Beautiful card and lovely flower! I love text and it's always so fun to see what people come up with!
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous said...

VERY cool card Tammy! I love your idea to use text paper for the flower, I NEVER would have thought of that. I was really stumped for this challenge. Love the BG papers too, very pretty! hugz, Mary

Joan Ervin said...

Gorgeous colors and papers, Tammy, and your flower is FABO!!!!