Friday, February 12, 2010

Stamp Simply #126 - Green and Blech!


Yep, that's what I said.... green and blech! Today's Stamp Simply challenge from Sharon Johnson is to use the colors green and purple. I don't get along with purple. I am not fond of purple. Never met a shade of purple that I liked one tiny bit. So here's my reluctant attempt to use green and purple (with a few other colors thrown in to make me happy!) I used Lori's sketch from this past Saturday on Paper Craft Planet for the layout, reversing it to better accomodate my image.
Sharon has a fabulous sample for you to see on her blog... she rocked these colors! As did the rest of the Stamp Simply team...

Deb Neerman, February Guest Designer

Thanks for visiting my blog today!








Stamps: Birthday Girl (Pure Innocence from My Favorite Things)Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (Sugar Rush by Basic Grey)Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: Apron Lace Border punch (Fiskars), Nestabilities tag die (Spellbinders).

16 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Toooooooooo cute, Tammy! Love that darling image and the way you've colored her ... just wonderful!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, cute card! I didn't know that about you and purple. Really? I love the color combo purple and green. You did a great job with the colors even though you don't like purple.

Barbara said...

You and my mother--she didn't like purple one bit, either, LOL! I think you did a fine job with it! Love that little image (of course :)) and the way you colored her. Fabulous card, my friend!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Just adorable Tammy! Your coloring is fab!

Carmen (guatelicia on SCS) said...

As much as you hate purple, your card turned out beautiful!!!

I on the other hand LOVE purple! So much that I have some purple hair!!! But I understand your dislike, because I HATE mustard yellow!!!

Ida said...

Very sweet card and such a "subtle" use of the purple. How sad for the color that you don't much care for it, me I kinda like it so I might have to give this one a whirl.

Janine said...

Love your green and blech card Tammy!!

dstandard said...

Precious image and card!

Francie G. said...

She is just so sweet, Tammy! Wonderful coloring!

The Rubber Maid said...

Darling card even though you don't like the color combo...I'm with you & said Yuck also. Pat

Juliana said...

This is sooo cute!!
I like purple IRL, but I struggle with it in paper crafting--so I feel a bit of your pain! But this card is pretty darn CUTE!!
I sure hope I can get to this challenge!!

AJ said...

not a big purple fan either- but it's starting to grow on me...I am getting used to it in small doses! cute card though!!!

Terry said...

You did it! Green and p... left viewers like me with a wee action from your floating balloon inviting the eye to continue on with imagination tripping the light fantastic search for the journey's end. You go girl!
mt23stamper

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my dear, Tammy! How can you NOT like purples -- I thought every girl loved purple!!! LOL!!! I read above AJ isn't nuts about them either -- how was I to know! But I Love your challenge card and you surely got some lovely purple in there -- WAY TO GO!!!

Julie Koerber said...

What a beautiful green and blech card!!!! I am laughing so hard right now! Your card is just darling -- glad you found a way to overcome the yuck... if only for a brief moment! LOL!

Joan Ervin said...

I wish you would tell us how you really feel...LOL!!!! This is adorable, Tammy, and your colors are gorgeous!!!! I'm glad you added the other colors cause they make me happy, too!!!