Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Color Throwdown #80


Color Throwdown #80! Can you believe that? This week, our hostess is Danielle and her color choices were inspired by this pretty paper from Fancy Pants (which I was so glad to have on hand!) Your initial reaction might be dread at these colors, but pull out some cardstock in these colors and just take a look! I think you'll find yourself liking it very much by the time you're done!

For my card, I chose to use a new stamp set that I got at the store today called Clearly Sentimental about Emerson. It's a new stamp set from My Favorite Things full of quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson. I also used a new Hero Arts stamp set called Stencil Art for the flowers and butterfly. I have plans to send this to someone, but since I know she reads my blog I'm not gonna' say who.... she'll just be surprised!
My Throwdown Sisters have some great pieces to inspire you today, and you will see how liberal you can be with these color choices from the variety of their designs!

Debi Southard, February Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by! How's the weather in your neck of the woods? I'm convinced that it's just going to keep snowing forever here in Northeast Ohio. I'm officially fed up!
Smiley from millan.net








Stamps: Clearly Sentimental about Emerson (My Favorite Things), Stencil Art (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Really Rust, Sage Shadow (Stampin' Up!) designer paper (Fancy Pants)
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Rhubarb Stalk (Tsukineko)
Accessories: ribbon, button (SU!), Nestabilities Labels 8 (Spellbinders), dew drops (Robin's Nest), Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars).

8 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Very pretty! Love the sentiment!

Barbara said...

Tammy, this is just so pretty!! I love that paper and that big bold sentiment is wonderful! Your bow is beautiful, too! Great CTD card!

Debi said...

Tammy this came out beautifully!

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful!!! Love these subtle designs, and the sentiment is gorgeous!

Broni said...

Beautiful card with these colors! I really had a hard time with them, but your paper is perfect. I'm so sorry you're fed up with the snow. I guess we've had our one good snow for the year. I'm SO looking forward to warmer weather.

AShu93 said...

Very pretty card! The colors, although not my favorites look pretty together.

I feel like the smiley, although I'm not up to my neck in snow (just over the knees). I'm running out of places to shovel it to.

Cathy Rulli said...

Simply beautiful!

Kristin Eberline said...

GORGEOUS card, Tammy! Seriously jaw dropping...LOVE it! That bow is perfect and I love how you split the die cut to make a subtle border...very clever :) What is this fancy pantz paper I keep reading about?! I really need to get with the times!! LOL

Uhh...no snow sympathy for you here. Sorry...we have more than we can handle STILL. UGH. Once it melts or gets cleared if you're still getting snow, I'll send some sympathy your way :]