Sunday, February 7, 2010

Featured Stamper - Raise the Bar!


One of my very best friends is Barbara Anders. We got to know each other through our love of stamping several years ago when she emailed me and asked for advice on starting her blog. Yeah... go figure! She asked me for advice, and then she burst onto the stamping scene and has never looked back! Her designs continually blow me away, and get better and better all the time! She's been a member of the design team for My Favorite Things since last year, and is a member of the Color Throwdown team along with a few other weekly challenge teams. Personally, I think she deserves a spot on the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen!
Several weeks ago, I asked Bar if she'd ever been Featured Stamper on the challenge posted each Sunday on Splitcoast Stampers, and she said that she hadn't. Well, I felt that situation must be remedied, and quickly sent a message to Beth Silaika suggesting Bar for Featured Stamper. Beth replied and told me yes, definitely Bar should be considered for Featured Stamper! Yay! Well, anyone who knows Beth knows that she has been super busy the last few weeks preparing for a big event this weekend, and since she's so busy, she sent me a message on Monday and asked if I would host the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS and have Bar be the Featured Stamper! You guessed it... she did NOT have to ask me twice! I jumped on that honor immediately and have been bursting with excitement waiting for this day to arrive! CONGRATS Bar!!! You are SO deserving of being Featured Stamper today! (Now do you realize why I've asked you several times since Thursday what you're doing all weekend?)
I chose this card of Bar's from Color Throwdown #77 to CASE for today's challenge. If you're not familiar with how the Featured Stamper challenge works, it goes like this.... go to the Featured Stamper's gallery and choose a card to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) but you have to change at least three things in the design. In this CASE, I changed the colors/papers, used a different stamp set, and used different embellishments. Basically, I CASE'd the layout and used my Rubbernecker Teatime set and the new Origins paper from Basic Grey.
SO, I hope you will take the time today to join in the Featured Stamper challenge honoring Bar! I know she is going to be thrilled seeing all the cards everyone creates today that are inspired by her designs!

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend! Thanks for stopping by today!








Stamps: Teatime (Rubbernecker)
Cardstock: So Saffron, Certainly Celery (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (Origins by Basic Grey)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: Nestabilities Labels 1 (Spellbinders), oval punch, ribbon, button (SU!), brads (craft supply), piercing template (American Traditional Crafts).


9 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is such a fun card, Tammy! I love the DP...you have such a knack for choosing good patterns; I am not sure I would have been drawn to it, but seeing it here, I love it!! I am glad that Barbara was chosen, although I can think of several others who would be awesome FSs too!!!! :D I need to use this RN stamp set more often, it is sweet!!!

Pam Speidel said...

I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE for Barbara too! What a thrill that would be! Love your card Tammy ...the colors rock, as do all the paper piercing and embellishments! WOW!

Carmen (guatelicia on SCS) said...

Hi Tammy! I LOVE your card!!! The delicate colors with the designer paper look amazing!

Did you use a stamp on the tea kettle, cup and dark green background? Or is that designer paper also?

Thanks!

Francie G. said...

Beautifully done, Tammy! Love the paper piercing and that yummy d/p!

Congrats on hosting the FS Challenge!

jjcreations said...

Fantastic case!!! I love those little black brads accenting the piercing up at the top!!!! Great little tea pot too.

Joan Ervin said...

I'm so glad you suggested Barb for the FS, Tammy...her gallery is AWESOME!!! Love your case, too....such beautiful colors and I love how you paper pieced the little tea set...sooo FABULOUS!!!!

Juliana said...

Such a cute card!!!
I find it hard to believe that Barbara has not been featured before now!! SO glad you did it!!
I really like that tea pot! Great colors, too!

Barbara said...

You're a sneaky one, my friend!!! I didn't have a clue, LOL, but what a wonderful surprise to wake up to on Sunday morning! I've finally caught up with all the commenting on the FS forum--I can't believe all the GORGEOUS cards that were CASEd from my gallery--I'm in awe!!! Your card is a perfect example--absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you for all you do!

dpkennedy said...

Love the pierced corner on this beauty! I'd better get my butt in gear and case a card!