Friday, June 17, 2011

Summertime Bellarific Friday

It's Bellarific Friday once again, and this week the Babes are creating Summer Time cards! Now I could have easily pulled out Mavis in her Kini, or Mavis Builds a Sandcastle for today's challenge, but we all know how much I love that little kitty and she's just getting overworked lately! So I gave her a break! (*telepathic note to Christy Croll.... draw more Mavis images!*) So for today, I decided to create a beautiful window box full of Summer flowers for the challenge!
This is one of the brand new Mo Manning in rubber images from Stamping Bella called the Rustic Window Box. I colored the image on Bella's Bestest White cardstock using Copic markers, and although it's not noticeable in the photo the windows are coated with some Glossy Accents. It actually didn't apply in a very even layer but after it dried I was kinda' pleased with it because it gave the "glass" an aged look. Remember how old window glass would take on a blurred, wavy look sometimes? (*insert mental picture here of the windows in my Grandpa's old barn*) I paired the image with some "For the Record" paper from Echo Park and finished it off with some May Arts crochet ribbon and a button/tag combo.


So did you play along with us this week? Remember that every week Emily gives away some major Bella Bucks to one lucky person who plays along, and to one lucky person who leaves a comment on the Blogabella post, so get your rear in gear and join us next week! The challenge for June 24th is a sketch from Jeaniebella here on the left!








AND don't forget about the new Bella Forum challenge going on now through July 14th! The challenge this month is Citrus Cool! Check it out here! You could win $25 in Bella Bucks!

Happy Friday, and happy stamping!

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Tammy, this card screams summer!! You did a fantastic job all around on this card, from colour, papers layout - love it!!

LeAnne said...

I just love this image.....at least the geraniums look like the ones I have, I WISH I had a window box in which to put them!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this fabulous summer image of a window box! It really pops and appears dimensional on the yellow BG! So many great stamps...so little time! (Sigh)

Dana White said...

Tammy this is lovely - fantastic colouring of this image - I'm a little intimidated by it!!

Crafty Cath said...

This is a perfect windox if you ask me - I LOVE red geraniums and your shading on the glass and wood trim is stunning. Ack now I'll have to wait a year to give this one a try - no measuring up to this baby! :)

Betty J Schaub said...

I love everything about this! So pretty Tammy!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

holy AWESOMENESS, Tammybella! This card is STUNNING!

Robin McK said...

Hey Tammy!
Love this card - you did wonders with that window box! That gingham paper is PERFECT!
Fab

Pattie said...

WOW Tammy - this is GORGEOUS!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is STUNNING!