Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Color Throwdown #147


It's Color Throwdown time again, and this week Kristin is our hostess with this really pretty color combo! If you want to get a jump start on Christmas cards, this would be a good combo to use. Or create something pretty for Summer!

I pulled out my well-loved Occasional Labels and Sentimental Occasions stamp sets from My Time Made Easy, cut a frame and oval on the Cricut with my Occasional Labels cut file and went to work on this birthday card! On the Blush background, I stamped the Cover-a-Card Music script (maybe it's the music to Happy Birthday?), and added some scallops at the bottom with some black cardstock and a pretty mix of black and white pattern and text. The pretty seam binding bow comes from my BFF Barbara Anders, and I finished it off with a button, linen string and a stick pin. The head of the pin was colored with an E43 Copic marker for an "antiqued" look.


Hop on over to the Color Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and see what my Throwdown sisters have created today to inspire you...

Betty Wright, June Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Betty J Schaub said...

lovely! esp. that black and white brocade!!!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Tammy!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW this is beautiful, Tammy! The colors are so lovely together!

Ida said...

This is a very classy and elegant looking card.

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, Tammy! This is totally gorgeous!I love the use of Kristin's MTME set! I just love how this came together!

dpkennedy said...

Gawjus!

Betty Wright said...

Tammy, this is so rich and beautifully vintage! Wonderful design, details, and blend of the colors!

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful Tammy. I love the musical background and the layout of your colors. ;)

Kristin Eberline said...

This is jaw dropping, Tammy! The layered scallops are over the top and you make my stamps look AMAZING! Love the vintage feel of your card, girly!

Broni said...

I am IN LOVE with this card, Tammy! Love all the beautiful subtle background stamping and the gorgeous black and white scallops!