Saturday, September 19, 2009

Joslyn's Fund


I wanted to quickly share something with you today! Look at this amazing pile of hand-stamped creations!

There is a family at my church with a little girl named Joslyn. Joslyn suffers from a chromosome disorder, and is the only person known to have this diagnosis in the United States. You can read more about Joslyn here, and about a benefit being held next Saturday to raise funds for Joslyn's care and this benefit includes a silent auction.

So I had an idea, and just about 3 weeks ago, I sent an email out to some of the most diva-licious stampers around and asked for their help in creating a gift basket full of stunning creations. And these stamping divas responded with incredible generosity, as you can see from the photo! My daughter Kelsey called me at work on the first day that packages started arriving wanting to know if it was National Send-Stuff-to-Tammy Day! Oh my word... each day felt like Christmas, to open these envelopes and packages and marvel over the amazing creations from some of the most talented ladies in the stamping world! I was totally blown away by the outpouring of support! I'm not sure yet how I'm going to have them displayed, as there are so many more than I anticipated, but I'll come up with something. These cards will be on their way to Grandpa's Cheese Barn where the auction will be held during the benefit next week. I hope there is a lot of money raised as a result (a sentiment echoed by many in the notes that were included with the cards and the emails I received!)

Many, many thanks to...
Dawn Lusk
Rose Ann Reynolds
Colleen Wold
Libby Hickson
Carolyn King
Erika Martin
Stephanie Severin
Kendra Wietstock
Jami Bova
Kate Baldwin
Susan Roberts
Kittie Caracciolo
Jen del Muro
LeAnne Pugliese
Adela Rossol
Sharon Johnson
Becky Carafa
Beate Johns
Christina Fischer
Lori Tecler
Tracy Harp
Barb Schram
Bonnie Sharp
Susanna Boyd
Julee Tillman
Jenny Gropp
Barbara Anders
Denise Marzec
Jodi Collins
Janine Orchard
Charlene Driggs
Maria Gurnsey
Kim Howard
Jerri Jimenez
Julie Koerber
Carolina Buchting
Jessica Colligan
Lisa Silver
Lynn McAuley
Cathy Indelicato
Danielle Kennedy
Kim Burmeister
Julie Masse
Charmaine Ikach
Valerie Stangle
Rachel Hope Baird

Forty-six stampers, and a whopping total of 175 cards and two 3-D projects!

Many, many blessings to all of you for being so generous and helping me with this project! Please keep Joslyn in your prayers, and prayers for good weather next Saturday during the benefit and a lot of money raised for Joslyn's Fund!

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

C said...

Wow!! What an awesome reply, Tammy! Are you going to put them in one huge basket? Now wouldn't that be cool?!

We have a friend who lost a son in Iraq. They have adopted 2 Russian children and want to adopt 2 more. I wonder if I could borrow your idea?

Chrisd said...

Aren't papercrafters the best people ,so kind and caring for others. I'll be thinking of the special work to be done with that fund. I know it will be a success!
Hugs from Michigan

Darlene said...

WOW, what a fantastic out pouring of love & good wishes! I will keep her in my prayers and also hope for good weather for the benefit!! You have a good heart my friend!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Boy -- I bet it was fun to open the packages as they came!!!! Hope it does well at the silent auction!

Unknown said...

Tammy, this was such a nice thing for you to do, but after seeing all what you received, it just touches my heart even more! Love you!

Kittie said...

Tammy, This is a beautiful article and I am thrilled to see those full boxes of card with still more pouring out in front. I hope this is a success event.

Dawn said...

Wooohooo!! great response!

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is quiet the list of stampers...I'm honored to be included :)

Becky Carafa said...

wow, amazing! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see how the benefit goes!

Jessica said...

AWESOME!! I'm so glad you got such a wonderful response - stampers are the best people around!!

Unknown said...

Woweeee!!! So great to see the whole lot together Tammy!! Hope it helps! :)

Tracy said...

Looks like a HUGE success already! Thanks for the opportunity to help out!

Barbara said...

I hope a ton of money gets donated to the fund--Joslyn will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Christina Fischer said...

Tammy, it was an honor to take part in such a wonderful project! I hope the fundraiser is a huge success! I'll be praying for great weather and lots of people! :)

Kristin Eberline said...

How WONDERFUL that you received so many contributions to the basket you wanted to put together! My heart actually sank when I saw this post...it made me realize I completely forgot to send something. OMG...I'm so sorry for being delinquent! I will put something in the mail in the morning and hope it makes it in time.

You are a wonderful person for pulling this together, and I'm thrilled at the response you received! I hope the event is a monumental success next weekend and LOTS of money is raised!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

GREAT job, Tammy!!!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

What a delicious bunch of cards! I'm so glad so many people stepped up!

dpkennedy said...

I hope it's a great success! Maybe more than one auction...raise even more money!