Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration #24


Time for another Cupcake-inspired challenge with the Hope Stamps Sweeties! In honor the upcoming holiday we have these awesome pirate cupcakes for you today! What? You don't know about the upcoming holiday??? Where have you been? Everyone knows that next Saturday, September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day! Avast, me hearties.... be inspired by yon cupcakes and create some swashbuckling cards!
I had no choice for this challenge but to use some very neglected Cat's Pajamas pirate stamps that were gathering dust in my stash! I was also inspired by the colors and used some paper from my Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper deck (available at Hope Stamps Eternal). Plus I thought the Moroccan Screen Cuttlebug embossing folder (also available at Hope Stamps Eternal) mimicked the red pattern on top of the white cupcakes.

I also used the TCP Tuesday Challenge #75 from this past week, which was a sketch challenge hosted by Leigh for the layout of my card!
And the inside... can't neglect that!
Stop and see what the other Sweeties have created if you need further inspiration! And don't forget to stop at the Hope Stamps blog and leave a link to your creation!


Shiver me timbers... I thank you for stopping by!








Stamps: all stamps (The Cat's Pajamas)
Cardstock: Lagoon, Aqua (Bazzill), Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up!), cream (Neenah), designer paper (Early Bird by Cosmo Cricket)Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: buttons (Stampin' Up!), Morrocan Screen Cuttlebug folder (ProvoCraft), Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

16 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

LOVE it! The Moroccan Screen really does look so perfect for this!!!

Carol said...

Oh Tammy, this is GREAT, what an amazing job you did; I really enjoy all the details including the inside; great finished card! :)

Joan Fricker said...

Tammy, you are amazing. I love how you use things for inspiration and come up with the neastest creations. Great job!

Joan

lisa808 said...

Great card.

Bonnie said...

This is so fabulous Tammy! I love how you talked like a pirate!! I talked like a pirate too but my creation did NOT match! lol!

Colleen Wold said...

Aaargh!!! This card be adorable! Love the embossing folder you used...perfect! Love the inside of the card too!

Michelle Woerner said...

Cute cute cute! I have never seen that folder, but it really packs a punch. Love everything!

Unknown said...

this is fantastic! love that embossing folder!

Etha said...

that is just too cute :) love the stamped inside :)

Leigh OBrien said...

Just PURRR-fect, Tammy, and those cupcakes are sooo dee-lish. So happy to have you playing with us!

Jessica said...

Fantastic!! That cuttlebug folder is perfect! Great card!

Velta said...

How funny....How cute...Thanks for giving me a smile today!!

Ida said...

CUTE! - Love the Pirate Dog image and the papers are great along with the fun buttons and the embossing not to mention you did the inside too!

Barbara said...

How cute is this!!!??? You nailed that cupcake challenge, girl! Love that pirate stamp and everything ties together perfectly!

Child of God said...

Just love that fall project.

Elena said...

Adorable card! I love this embossing folder you chose for the background! Love the cute dog Pirate too and the inside looks great - so much fun!