Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kaylie! - Paper Craft Planet 3-D Tuesday



Hello everyone! My precious daughter Kaylie turned 17 yesterday, and I'm still reeling.... where did the years go??? It gets harder and harder to comprehend every year! LOL Since we were celebrating here in our house, I thought I'd make a cupcake box for Kaylie and share it with you today for the Paper Craft Planet 3-D Tuesday challenge! You can check out all the details for the challenge by visiting the group forum at the Planet!

This cupcake box is an original design by Valerie Stangle, and since Val already does an awesome job of creating tutorials for her great projects, I'm not going to attempt to top her! Please just visit her blog for the instructions and I know you'll have no problem creating this! And hey... now you have a reason to visit the bakery! You will need a cupcake to complete this project!
Here's my whole box, using double-sided paper from Kaiser Craft. For the lid, I cut a separate piece to have the contrast of the solid color on the edges.
Here's a little peek through the acetate window at the cupcake tucked inside. I boo-boo'd though... the bakery girl just dropped the cupcake into a bag when I bought it and I didn't take very good care of it. It's a little smooshed, but Kaylie said that didn't affect the chocolate yumminess of it!
I would love it if you'd give this a try, and post your creation in the gallery at Paper Craft Planet! Please tag your creation with 3d30 so I can find it and pull it into an album!

One other special treat I did for Kaylie yesterday was to alter an old Mentos gum container! I slipped this into her purse right before she left for school as a little surprise!
Inside were these sweet Jack-o-Lantern gumballs I found at the bulk food store!
And here's my "baby" with her birthday cheesecake, ready to blow out all 17 candles!
Thanks a million for stopping by today! Have a great Tuesday!








Cupcake Box
Stamps: Birthday Wishes Borders & Centers (JustRite Stampers)
Paper: Kaiser Craft
Inks: Memento Rose Bud, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scor-Pal, ribbon.

Gum container
Stamps: Tiny Words Borders & Centers, 1 3/16" Damask (JustRite Stampers)
Paper: Kaiser Craft
Ink: Memento Rose Bud (Tsukineko)Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), glitter (Great Impressions), button, ribbon.

17 comments:

Carolina said...

You are such a great mom...what wonderful treats and handmade by you!!! Happy Belated birthday to Kaylie!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Tammy, what a nice birthday treat for Kaylie. You did lots of things to make her feel special.
It sounds like she had a great birthday!

I love your box!!!!!!

Joan

Velta said...

Great projects!!! Wonderful Mom! Happy Birthday to your beautiful 17year old!!!

dpkennedy said...

Happy Birthday Kaylie! Love that picture with all the candles lit!

Your cupcake box is sweet! Love it!

Bev J. said...

Your girl looks very happy-so you must have come through ok! Cheesecake-yummy.

Unknown said...

Beautiful box and even more beautiful daughter. Great shot of her with the candles!

Julie Koerber said...

Isn't she the cutest thing???? What a fun little creation and what a fun way to honor your daughter! Hope she enjoyed her big day! (She looks like you by the way -- those eyes are all Tammy's!) :-)

Kris Turner said...

Happy Birthday, Kaylie! Hope you had a great day and know you'll make it a terrific year!

Tammy, what neat projects to give your "all grown up" daughter. Great job all the way around!

Kris

Darlene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLIE!!!! What an awesome photo ... gotta love that smile!!
Your treat box is so cute ... I hadn't seen this before ... great job!! And the little added surprise ... way to go Mom!!! I'm sure it helped make Kaylie's DAY extra special!!!

whoistracy said...

How sweet! I hope she had a fabulous birthday!

Unknown said...

Awwww... Tammy these are super cute. DD looks very happy! What an angel.

Cathy Rulli said...

Great projects...Happy Birthday Kaylie!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Gorgeous Tammy!!

LeAnne said...

AWESOME gift and what a gorgeous girl! Love these colors!

Barbara said...

What a sweet set of birthday treats!!! I'm with Kaylie--give me cheesecake, LOL!!!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday, Kaylie!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

SUCH darling things and happy belated BD to the BD girl!