Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Color Throwdown #211

swatch 211
Hi everyone, and welcome to Wednesday and another Color Throwdown!  Wanda is our hostess this week, and she’s got a doozy of a challenge for you!  I’ll admit, I got a little carried away with these colors and took a lot of liberty… but I hope you’ll still give it a try!  That’s what a challenge is all about, right?
CTD211
I pulled out the Apple of My Eye stamp set from Flourishes for my card, stamping the apples on this text-style paper from the Farmhouse Paper Company Sugar Hill 6x6 paper pad with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and coloring with Copics from Flourishes Sweet Pea and Olive Green collections.  I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink inside the die-cut around the image, and embellished with this wide satin ribbon, and some Chocolate Kaisercraft pearls.
For plenty of inspiration with these colors, be sure to visit my Throwdown sisters at their blogs…


Stop by the Color Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and to join in!
Happy stamping!
signature 3

5 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

I know this wasn't an easy color combo, but I'd say you rocked the colors big time! Fall apples are abundant around VA right now, so this was a perfect image for these fallish colors! Great job!

Kerri said...

The image stamped over the text-style dp looks awesome, and I love that gorgeous ribbon! Fabulous card, Tammy!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous, Tammy! Love how the image looks stamped over the text printed paper.

Joan Ervin said...

What a great idea to stamp the apples on the text paper, Tammy...love the look your achieved and your bow is gorgeous!!!!

Lynn Put said...

This is so pretty Tammy! I love how soft the image is stamped on the text style paper and your satin bow with button and tag look wonderful!