Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Pot of Tea – Color Throwdown #208

swatch 208
It’s Wednesday, so that means it’s time for another Color Throwdown!  This week Denise gets to play hostess for her very first time, and I think she rocked it with this color combo!  Everyone should have a lot of fun with this one… you can do summery, girly, you could even do a peppermint-y Christmas look with this, I think!  Be sure to stop over at the Color Throwdown blog for all the challenge rules and details!
MFTWSC87
For my card, I used last week’s Wednesday Sketch Challenge #87 from My Favorite Things for my layout, turning it 90 degrees.  The Always Time for Tea Stamps and Die-Namics worked just perfectly for these colors, I think.  I also used the Vertical Greetings Die-Namics, the Mini Tabs Foursome, and the Little Open Scallop Strip, as well.  A few buttons, some white cotton thread and some embossed Swiss Dots finished my creation.  The papers I used are from LilyBee Design.

Again, don’t forget to stop over at the Color Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and if you need more inspiration, visit my Throwdown sisters…


Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!
signature 3

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card, gf!! Those papers are PERFECT for this! Why didn't *I* think of them???

Denise Marzec said...

Such a FUN card!!! Love all the polka dots!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the paper pieced teapot and the mix of patterns you used.

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card Tammy! Your polka dot tea pot and patterns with button detail look fantastic!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, how pretty....you have used such beautiful papers, Tammy, and I love the little polka dot tea pot with the super sweet sentiment!!!

Sherry Cheever said...

Tammy, great use of all the coordinating paper . . . just a FABULOUS creation! I don't guess I need to tell you how excited I am to playin' along with y'all this month . . . but I am!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love that you used this teapot theme in these colors...beautiful card!