Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Color Throwdown #115


Hey, hey! Did you think I forgot about the Color Throwdown today? Nah.... I was just way too sleepy by the time I finished my card last night so I'm posting this morning for your viewing pleasure (at least I hope it's a pleasure!)

Laura, the Lil' Inker herself is our hostess this week and when I first saw the colors I thought "what??????" But when I saw where she got her inspiration from and realized these are the colors in the Matilda paper from Cosmo Cricket, I knew I'd love creating for this week's challenge!

My cute little witch here is the Witch Eye Brew digital image from Chicken Girl Designs, and she only has eyes for YOU! Isn't she scary, stewing up her big black cauldron of eyeballs? LOL I LOVED giving her green skin! She is paired with the aforementioned Matilda paper and some other supplies from the i {heart} papers store including the Circle and Labels 3 Nestabilities, Copic markers, 3/4" purple crepe ribbon, and the natural twine string. Are you tired yet of seeing that awesome little Sentiment Flag die from Lil' Inker Designs? I sure hope not! I LOVE using it, and you will too! Head on over to the Lil' Inker store and get yourself one along with the matching stamp set! (one of these days.... when I have time LOL.... I'm going to show you how I computer-generate my sentiment and still manage to perfectly cut it out with the die even though I can't see through the die to line it up!)

I also used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch challenge #96 for the layout!
I hope you'll make some time to play along today or later in the week! The color combo might seem intimidating but stop on over at the Throwdown blog to be inspired! Or just visit my Throwdown sisters blogs!

LeAnne Pugliese (taking the week off.... rest up, LeAnne!)
Carla Suto, October Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today! I LOVE hearing from you!


9 comments:

Carla S. said...

Super cute Halloween card, Tammy! Love the papers and layout and the fun image! Great coloring and details!

C said...

Woo-Hoo..Tammy..haven't popped in a bit and love your new photo and new blog design...cute! I have no idea how to install those things!!

Awesome job with those colors...Whew..they're tough ones but you've corraled them perfectly in this cute Halloween card.

Broni said...

Just wonderful, Tammy! Love your star brads, how you attached the sentiment flag and especially how you colored the cute little witch!

Laura Pryor said...

Wow! This is SOOO GREAT!!! First of all let me thank you for the amazing credits this week and all the info about Sentiment Flags!! You're so good to me:) Now, let me just tell you that I LOVE how this came together; witch perfectly colored, fabulously done layout, love the star brads, PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT ribbon and sentiment treatment! This ROCKS!!!

Jodi Collins said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE this Tammy! GORGEOUS image and coloring!! LOVE Laura's sentiment tag too!!!

Ida said...

Fabulous and so filled with Halloween Fun. Oh my I'm not sure I'd like a bowl of that brew the witch is cooking up though!

Barbara said...

Hmmm, where'd you get my picture? LOL, it's too cute, Tammy!

Kelly Bee said...

very cute! what a great halloween card.

Kristin Eberline said...

This is so cute, Tammy! Love your funny little images and sentiments! Your coloring is fab as usual...and I love how you distributed the colors :]