Friday, September 18, 2009

Stamp Simply #105


TGIF! I am ready for the weekend! How about you?

Since it's Friday, that means Sharon Johnson has another great Stamp Simply challenge for you! The challenge today is CAS/BIO! What's that mean??? That means Clean and Simple, Black (or brown!) Ink Only! Can you handle it? No coloring allowed, and let the beauty of your papers and embellishments create the WOW factor!

Now, I will admit that as I made my card, the clean and simple part of the challenge kinda' flew out of my head! I honestly forgot about that part, so my card isn't too over the top, but I wouldn't call it clean and simple, either! Forgive me, and we'll trust that my Stamp Simply sisters have better inspiration to provide you with today!

I bought this sentiment stamp at a stamp store that I went to the with the Stamp Simply girls while in Shipshewana this past summer. I do not remember the name of the store, and I believe the owner made the stamps herself so unfortunately I can't tell you where it came from. This tree is from an Impression Obsession clear set, and my scrumptious gingham ribbon is from Sharon's ribbon store!
On the inside I stamped the tree again in second generation, then stamped the sentiment.
Stop by Sharon's blog for her beautiful sample and all the challenge details, then stop and see what my Stamp Simply sisters have created today to also inspire you!

Charlene Merrick, September Guest Designer

Also, don't forget... today is the second day of the JustRite Font Mega Blog Hop! There are still more awesome designs to see using so many of the font sets from JustRite and that mystery blog candy is still up for grabs! Stop by the JustRite blog for the list of all the designers in the hop today!

Thanks for keeping up with me this week! I know it's been crazy/busy around my blog, and I appreciate your visits and comments! Stop by on Saturday if you have time... I have an incredibly special project to share with you!








Stamps: Branches of a Tree (Impression Obsession), Psalm 46:10 (unknown), With Sympathy (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Black OP (Bazzill), Natural Ivory, Kraft (Stampin' Up!), green (Core'dinations)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)Accessories: gingham (May Arts from Sharon's ribbon store), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), clear embossing powder (Ranger), Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder (ProvoCraft), concave corner punch (EK Success).

20 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

Stunning Tammy!

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Tammy, I absolutely love this.
I especially love how you stamped the tree on the inside. The colors are great too! You do such a nice job!

Joan

Peggy said...

Hi Tammy love your cards and I really like the one you did that had the Verses sentiment on it. Did you know they posted it on their Stamp Your Art site? Off to do mine now!!

Susan said...

This is a lovely card - I love the stamping and th whole feel of the card - it has a calm feel about it.

Janine said...

Hi Tammy!! FAbulous card... Have a wonderful weekend!!

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Tammy! Love the green color and the inside is just as pretty as the outside! Great job! Have a great weekend!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

It's beautiful, and it looks clean to me!! I love that gorgeous gingham bow and all the green, Tammy!

The Rubber Maid said...

CAS and very beautious. Love your take on the challenge it is a beautiful card with a lovely ribbon touch. Pat

Broni said...

Beautiful, Tammy!

Ida said...

Very pretty. Love the colors you used. Very serene and calming.

LeAnne said...

Very nice, Tammy! I love the fresh color you used! TFS!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Very pretty Tammy! That tree is fabulous here!

Bev J. said...

Love your pretty tree card-also the verse used. tfs

Linda Beeson said...

Your cards are perfect! I just love that first one, mostly because I love that green but the tree stamped like that is just right.

Cathy Rulli said...

I love it!!!! The colors, stamps, everything!!

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, Tammy! I love that green and black and that ribbon--perfect!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Tammy! Love the green on black you used...such a great combination. That layout and the the bow makes this all the more elegant...

dpkennedy said...

This is so elegant and lovely!

Julie Koerber said...

Clean, simple, elegant! I love the bow and I think CAS cards can have bows!!! You reminded me that I have a bunch of unmounted rubber from that store! I bought - I think three sentiments! I need to find those babies! I think the store was just called the Rubber Stamp Shop - or something like that!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a classy, classy card -- i love it both inside and out -- and such wonderful colors!!!