Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration #23

Time for another cupcake! A Cupcake Inspiration challenge, that is... with the Sweeties from theHope Stamps Eternal team! Below is your cupcake for the week for inspiration. Isn't it elegant?
I was really inspired by that single, solid red rose in the center and went with this Hero Arts stamp that I just recently got. The first time I saw that stamp, I instantly thought about how striking it would look to just color the single large flower on it so that's what I did today! I also added a little bling by curving some Zva crystals in a half circle on the left side to sort of mimic the circle of the teacup. For my pink background piece, I inked the raised parts of the Stylized Flowers Cuttlebug folder with white pigment ink, ran it through the Cuttlebug, then sprinkled it with clear embossing powder. I'm totally loving how it turned out!

Tuesday, September 8th - edited to add... After several days of the original of this card sitting on my desk, I kept look at it thinking how neat the Cracked Glass technique would look on the main image of this card. Since it was mounted with foam tape, I was able to pop it off the card front, and do the technique!
As you can see below, it turned out great! I rubbed over all the cracks with Ranger Tea Dye distress ink.


Before the cracked glass was applied, I had originally squirted a little Crystal Stickles in the center of the flower, then rubbed it around with my fingertip for a subtle effect. (A little trick I learned from my Paper Craft Planet team member, Lynn Mercurio!)
I hope you have time this weekend to join us for this challenge! For more inspiration, check out the other Sweeties' blogs...


I hope you're enjoying this beautiful weekend! Thanks for stopping by!








Stamps: Hero Arts
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah)Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Colorbox Frost White (Clearsnap)Accessories: Stylized Flowers Cuttlebug folder (ProvoCraft), pink crystals (Zva Creative), Crystal Stickles (Ranger), ribbon (May Arts).

19 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Tammy this is beautiful.

Darlene said...

This is a beautiful creation! I LOVE how you colored just the one flower ... perfect! Really POPS!! Hope you're having a nice weekend!

jaymack said...

This is great. Isn't it amazing what you can do with Cuttlebug folders.

Cathy Rulli said...

Beautiful!!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

I love the coloring of just the flower to make it stand out...you nailed it on the challenge. Lovely card . Pat
I've used the wonderful pad you sent and it will post this afternoon...thanks cutie.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic inspired card, Tammy!! The poppy image and colors are so pretty!!

lisa808 said...

Oh my goodnes, what a gorgeous card!!!

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love what you did with the image and details are perfect!

Tracey said...

Such a gorgeous card Tammy! I love it!! xx

Bonnie said...

Perfect Tammy! Love the beautiful rose!

dpkennedy said...

Tammy this is gorgeous! Love the vintage elegant feel of this!

Kelli said...

absolutely beautiful!!

LeAnne said...

Tammy, this is just gorgeous! A little different than your usual style and very, very nice! I LOVE it! TFS!

Ida said...

Gorgeous! Love the single red flower and the beautiful embossing.

Alex said...

This is beautiful Tammy, I love how you colored this, just gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Carolina said...

Thud!!! What a beautiful take on this week's inspiration piece!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous! That one colored flower looks awesome, and I love the cracked glass look!

LeAnne said...

Even prettier than before!!

Kris Turner said...

Tammy: This is so great! I agreed with Darlene-coloring the one flower just makes this design! Great job!
Kris, Wadsworth, OH