Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Color Throwdown #61 with Gina K Designs


Welcome to another Color Throwdown! This week I am the hostess and I have chosen five colors for you to "handle!" You can use all five, or just select whatever you want from this combination! And remember, the Stampin' Up! color names are only meant as a guide. If you don't have these, just use whatever you have that is similar. Remember to place a direct link to your creation with Mr. Linky on the Throwdown blog and maybe you'll be chosen as the Featured Stamper, a Top 3 Finalist, or the lucky winner of the prize this week, being offered by Gina K Designs!

For my card, I turned to my new A Year of Leaves stamp set by Melanie Muenchinger. I just love these leaves! I stamped the leaves with Old Olive, Rose Red and More Mustard ink, then just did a light colorwash over each leaf with the ink and an aquapainter. Then I stippled the cardstock with some ink from my Chocolate Chip marker and my good ole' color spritzer tool!

The layout for my card comes from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #40 for this week!
The inside... can't forget that!
Check out these Gina K creations from the other Throwdown babes...


Thanks a bunch for stopping by! I appreciate your visits and comments!!! :)








Stamps: A Year of Leaves (Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Old Olive, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Confetti Cream (Stampin' Up!)
Inks: Rose Red, More Mustard, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder (ProvoCraft), ribbon (Creative Impressions), scalloped border punch (Martha Stewart available at Hope Stamps Eternal).

17 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Awesome awesome colors and great job on Mercy sketch.

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow, Tammy! This is sooo pretty! The color combo is fantastic and I love all the layers. The button with your ribbon...perfect!

Melanie said...

this is so cute, love PINK with the leaves! thanks for playing the challenge!! :)

LeAnne said...

Man, this card is a beauty! And that inside sentiment is awesome!!! Love what you've done with these gorgeous colors, Tammy!

TrishG said...

This is beautiful. Love how you used the colors.

Barbara said...

Fall leaves never looked better!!! You sure used these colors perfectly!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Totally captures the feel of fall! :) TFS

Broni said...

Beautiful way to use these leaves, Tammy!! I love them in these non-traditional colors!!

Carol L said...

What a stunning card! You brought this color combination to life and boy does it sparkle!! Gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

what a beauty, tammy! love the clean and simple lines, and those colors make for one great throwdown! amazing job!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Cathy Rulli said...

So pretty - very cool!

Kristin Eberline said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your beautiful card! The embossed panels backed by chocolat cs are a perfect complement to the main image. I agree with you on the leaves, they are just gorgeous! You kill me how you can come up with these amazing cards in such little time! I take FOREVER! :O)

GREAT color choice this week! I really had fun with it :]

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is beautiful!

C said...

Just beautiful, Tammy. You did an amazing job with those leaves...so pretty!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! Great sketch you used and love the inside!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous, love that color combo!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card! Love how you combined the colours, looks perfect!

Hugs,
Simone