Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Dinner

OK, show of hands... who reads The Pioneer Woman blog? If you don't, you should! Ree just has the most amazing recipes, takes beautiful photographs, and her blog is just a joy to read. Of course, she also makes me feel totally inadequate, but that's beside the point!

On days like today when my whole family is home and we have nothing we absolutely have to do, and nowhere that we absolutely have to go, I love to cook up a big hearty meal. So last week, when Ree had this recipe for Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce on her blog, I thought maybe it would be good for our Labor Day meal. I knew my girls wouldn't care for it... neither of them like onions (teenagers!) and even though I knew my husband didn't care for bleu cheese, I thought he'd give it a try. And of course, we all love steak! So hubby headed over to the meat market on Saturday... it's not ribeye, but he got a decent cut of meat so we could have a treat today.

Then this morning, Ree posted this recipe on her blog for Bacon Onion Cheddar Biscuits! Oh my stars, do they look good or what? I flew to the freezer, and sure enough I had a package of bacon! So I made those too, and let me tell you.... we all needed to be carried away from the table this evening! Wow.... I just had to share!

Here's the frying pan, full of the sliced onions with the cup of heavy whipping cream added! (Ree advises that you pray for forgiveness when you add the cream to the pan, and that's good advice... this is very sinful!)

(This one's for you, Anita!) Here's my steak sitting on a nice little bed of the sauce... it's just waiting for some other food to join it! (Pre-requisite diet Coke there in the upper right of the picture!)

Here's the Heavenly bowlful of those biscuits!

A few fried potatoes on the side (with some of the Bleu Cheese sauce!) and a beautiful salad put together by Kelsey!

Someone.... please.... come and carry me away from the table!
Is your mouth watering now? For goodness sake... give these recipes a try! Oh... and my husband still doesn't like blue cheese... he didn't care for the "bite" in the flavor of it. So if you have someone with a big aversion to it, just leave it out!

See you tomorrow! I've got a new stamp release to let you know about, and a Halloween card to share! Have a great evening!


16 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Oh my goodness Tammy, you are making me soo hungry. I certainly must vist Ree's site.

Everything looks sooo delicious.
Thanks for sharing with us!

Joan

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmm looks so yummy!

Scrappinangler said...

YUMMY! I {heart} the Pioneer Woman's recipes! Her chocolate cake (best one ever!) is da bomb as well as her Perfect Beef Enchiladas & Hot Crash Potatoes! I will have to try these recipes - those muffins look like heaven! :)

Debbie Nelson said...

I love reading Ree's blog also. I love bleu cheese, but my husband doesn't...still will try this..and the biscuits! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I have made some of the Pioneer Woman's recipes---absolutely delicious, probably not the healthiest, but once in a while is okay. Your food looks some yummy!

Teresa Kline said...

not to worry, the diet coke saved ya....lol....looks yummy, well done!

enjoy *~*

mudmaven said...

OMG - I saw those recipes on Ree's blog too and have been just dying to try them. Now - well - I have no choice! They look like they were absolutely delish! I am totally addicted to PW's blog and her new Tasty Kitchen blog is completely outrageous - I will never lose any weight - ever - I think just reading all the wonderful recipes contains calories! ~chris

Janet Hamilton said...

Oh, my gosh, Tammy. This just looks wonderful.
What a BAD influence you are.
Now I've gotta follow Ree's blog, and I'm in a health/weightloss program where I go to get weighed tomorrow. Oh, my!

Darlene said...

Oh my stars ... this looks WONDERFUL!! My daughter follows the Pioneer Woman's blog faithfully and is always telling me about her yummy recipes! I have read some of her stories and she's an amazing writer! I'm glad you & your family had an enjoyable weekend!

Jenny Gropp said...

I am so hungry now!!! I don't cook past the microwave, --hubby is a chef, he cooks!

LeAnne said...

I love Pioneer Woman and Bakerella, too! This looks delicious---maybe with feta cheese he would like it better?

Basement Stamper said...

i love her recipes and this looks absolutely delicious. I could use a yummy steak and some fried potatoes. WOW!!!

whoistracy said...

Deilicious!! I love Ree's blog, but usually can't bring myself to make some of her recipes as I don't usually have time during the week. This one looks de-lish though!

Kristin Eberline said...

I gotta tell you, girl...this is how I like to EAT! YUMMMM... Such a Michigan dish (even if it isn't :O)

dpkennedy said...

You left some sauce on your plate...you should have mopped it all up with the biscuits, or at the very least, licked it off your plate! Yes, these both look awesome but I don't dare try them until after my nieces wedding so I can still fit into my dress!

Now...I hope you also visit the Noble Pig...don't tell Ree...but even better recipes-I swear! I have not made one from her site that wasn't sublime!

ALK said...

ROFL! Ok, so I'm a *little* behind on Google Readering...but still...sounds good in a make me sick kind of way but definitely wouldn't go there, lol ;)