Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stamp Simply #103 - I'm SO Over It!


(Thanks for the great title, Julie!)

Today's Stamp Simply challenge is to GET OVER IT! Or, in Sharon's words... overstamped sentiments! This is such a fun idea, you'll love it! Just stamp your sentiment over your image! Easy peasy!

For my card, I stamped this swirly flower background stamp onto paper from my Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday collection in Soft Sky ink. Then I stamped my sentiment over it in Not Quite Navy ink. Don't you just LOVE that sentiment? I went NUTS when I saw it in one of my catalogs at work and just had to have it! It's totally something Pooh would say, don't you think?
And hey, do you see how cool this frame around my long, curved rectangle looks? I learned that trick today from the awesome Denise Marzec! The long curved rectangles don't come in two sizes, so if you want to mat those shapes, you're stuck with a mat that's a lot bigger than what you may want for your design! That just doesn't usually work in my book.
All you have to do is cut two the same size, and cut your mat diagonally down the middle! How cool is that? Thanks Denise, for the awesome idea! (sorry for the poor photo... the lighting is bad in my stamp room!)
Be sure to stop at Sharon's blog for all the challenge details, and to see her fabulous sample! Then stop and see what my Stamp Simply sisters have created for further inspiration! AND help us welcome our super-sweet and talented September Guest Designer, Charlene Merrick! (Hey Charlene, I even used brads on this card that you sent me for my birthday last year!)


So, 'cmon and give this challenge a try! And join me in thanking God that it's FRIDAY! Let the long weekend begin!

Happy stamping, and thanks for stopping by!








Stamps: sentiment (Verses Rubber Stamps), flowers (Great Impressions)
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!), Lily Pad (Bazzill), designer paper (Cosmo Cricket Early Bird and Girl Friday)Inks: Soft Sky, Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon (Bo Bunny), brads (craft supply).

24 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE your card, Tammy -- it's just adorable! And I can surely relate to that sentiment as well -- LOL!!! Well, I TRY to do a lot during the day, but mostly -- it's nothing -- LOL!!! GREAT tip on matting as well!!! And isn't Julie's title JUST PERFECT!!!

jaymack said...

I think this will be my new motto. I love it. Great idea for the nestie too.

Norine said...

love the card and thanks for that tip awesome
Hugs
Norine

Janine said...

Hey sweetcheeks!! Love your card, the colors especially!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Tracy said...

This gave me a laugh this morning, great way to start off my day! Love the card!

Sue D said...

Love the saying! Thanks for sharing Denise's tip for the frame.
Enjoy your weekend!

Kim Burmeister said...

Great card, Tammy! I love your paper choices!

The Rubber Maid said...

Very cute card and great idea on the Nesties. Love the phrase and it so applies to so many of us. Have a great weekend friend. Pat

Jennifer Buck said...

So pretty, Tammy! I really love the soft colors and the sentiment is wonderful! Hope you are doing well! :)

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a great quote! Winnie the Pooh has it going!

Love your adorable design here Tammy! So crisp and pretty!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Ooooo! This is so clean, fresh, and pretty, Tammy, and what a terrific tip for matting. The brads are perfect with these pretty papers and colors. Thanks for the warm welcome, too!

whoistracy said...

Oh that is such a fab idea. Why didn't I think of it? LOL Thanks for the tip. Enjoy your weekend.

Ida said...

Wonderful and Fun card. Love that sentiment and the paper you used.

Darlene said...

Cute, cute card Tammy!! And that sentiment is just toooooo perfect for me these days!! LOL!! Great tip on the Nesties ... thanks!

Darlene said...

Oh yea ... have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Kelli said...

thats a sneaky little matting trick...lol.

beautiful card!

Rachel Hope said...

Awesome!!! I do LOVE that sentiment!!

LeAnne said...

Heehee---I thought your title was referring to the hot topic of our conversations lately! But this is so much better! I love it!

AJ said...

fabulous Tammy! i love this!
and thanks for the great tip! :)

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE your card, Tammy!!...and thanks so much for the link. You're so sweet to do that! :)

Have an AWESOME holiday weekend!

Barbara said...

Adorable card, Tammy! Love that sentiment!!! That paper is gorgeous and the tip for the Nesties is fantastic!

Jenny Gropp said...

Tammy, GIRL --- I love this sentiment!! Your card ROCKS! I wish I had seen Julie's title -- I would have used it too!!! Love your matting trick, I usually hand trim my layers so they are in line with the size on my main one, but this is a good tip and surely faster!!!

Canne said...

your card is fab and the tip seriously rocks!!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is so cute! I love your choice of papers with this adorable sentiment! Great card!