Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Color Throwdown #285

swatch 285
Hello friends… it’s Wednesday again, which means we’ve got another Color Throwdown challenge to share with you, and Broni is our hostess!  I hope you like the colors she chose as much as we all do, and will play along!
I decided to get a little over-inked with my card this week…
CTD285
I created the background of my piece by mixing Shabby Shutters and Spun Sugar distress inks on the paper, and spritzing with some Old Paper mixed with water for a watercolor-y look.  I also sponged some Old Paper ink over a hexagon stencil on the lower right, and added some leaves stenciled on the upper left.  Then over everything I applied a layer of translucent embossing paste with a polka dot stencil.  Then I went to work with my Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-Namics from My Favorite Things, and a Mini Rolled Rose, along with some Royal Leaves and Leaf-Filled Flourish.  The sentiment from Essential Sentiments was stamped on a Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics using some Rich Cocoa ink.  I added a few gold sequins for embellishment, and called it done!  :)  The layout for my card was inspired by the Cardabilities sketch #95.
Please be sure to visit the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration…
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Melody Rupple
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Gloria Stengel, March Guest Designer
Judy Van Zandt, Guest Star Stamper
Thanks so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

Karren said...

Stunning card! I love the depth you've created in your background!

Stampingcountry said...

Your pretty pink flower really pops against your background, Tammy! And you sequins add just the right amount of pop.

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh. My. Word. This made my jaw drop!! I absolutely love all the mixed media elements (I see you snagged some translucent paste - lol). Had to pin this!

Linda said...

Tammy, such a pretty card.

Kim said...

I love how you created your hexagons Tammy!! Your card is really beautiful!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Tammy. Love the mixed media background. The soft images look great... and that layered flower is just gorgeous.

Lisa Kind said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tammy! Love that background!

Linaaa said...

Nice, like that stencile on background

Joan V said...

Wow, Tammy, this is so elegant. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Your background is absolutely gorgeous, Tammy, and the flowers look beautiful....fabulous design, gf!!!!

Vickie Z said...

Wow...love the sponged background and all the stenciling and paste!, those flowers/leaves are the perfect finishing touch!!

Barbara said...

Simply gawjus, gf! Love how you used that translucent paste on this!

Kim S said...

Stunning - I am absolutely in awe of the "light" and layers and patterns throughout this card!