Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Color Throwdown #284

Hello friends!  It’s Color Throwdown day, and today Barbara is our hostess with this cool piece of pottery for our color inspiration…
swatch 284
I initially gave her grief because one of the colors is the shade of blue that I just DREAD, but once I got started my creation came together.  I already had some nautical-themed things out on my desk from this card made earlier, so I just kept working with those elements.
CTD284
I used my not-yet-inked Pure Innocence Sailor Girl stamp set, along with a sentiment from Go Overboard stamp set, and a border made with the Catch a Wave Die-Namics.  For the layout, I used Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch #211 for this week.
On the inside, I just added an anchor from the Let’s Get Nautical Die-Namics…
CTD284 inside
Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and join us!  And see my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration…
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Melody Rupple
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Gloria Stengel, March Guest Designer
Amy White, Guest Star Stamper
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!

Gloria Stengel said...

Super cute! Your coloring is just amazing!

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Tammy....such beautiful coloring on that sweet little PI girl and I love the *waves*!!!!!

Barbara said...

How sweet is this? And she's perfect for BLUE!!! See, you CAN use BLUE ;-) Darling card, gf!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Tammy. Love the sweet image and the colors... the waves look perfect! The polka-dot paper looks great!

Wanda Cullen said...

Hey, you rocked the blues with this adorable nautical gal (I almost typed naughty gal - lol)! Love it!

Heather said...

Cute card!

Broni said...

This is so doggone adorable, Tammy! And your coloring is spectacular, as always! I especially love your subtle shading of the pleats!