Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Timeless Tuesday #161

It's Tuesday once again, so that means the girls at Flourishes have another Timeless Tuesday challenge for you to try!  Silke has given us this sketch for the challenge, and I hope you'll enjoy giving this "long card" a try!

I was really intimidated at first, but got my wheels turning and LOVE the design I came up with using this sketch.  I switched up the embellishments a little, moving it to the left side to accommodate my image.  A few of my Cherry Blossoms have been cut out and mounted with foam for added dimension.  My blossoms were colored on Flourishes Classic White cardstock with Copic markers, and I embellished with some White Lace Trim, and May Arts plaid ribbon.  The sentiment is from the Tiny Flowers and Tags stamp set, and cut out with the Tailor-Made Classic Tags die.


I added a smaller branch of cherry blossoms on the inside of the card, along with a sentiment from the stamp set.

Please visit the Flourishes blog for all the challenge details, and the Timeless Tuesday team members for more inspiration...

Meredith MacRitchie, March Guest Designer
Beate Johns
Cindy Haffner
Heather Jensen
Makiko Jones
Mona Pendleton
Silke Ledlow

OK, go get inky!  Thanksabunch for stopping by!


18 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this in pink and green! Perfect image for the long card!

Karen W said...

Very pretty and nice set for this shape of a card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Tammy! Such pretty colored flowers paired with a sweet tag!

Beate said...

Beautiful card, inside and out.
Hugs and smiles

Queen Mary said...

Tammy, your card is gorgeous! I love it! The cherry blossoms are in bloom -- expected to peak this weekend -- just in time for the Cherry Blossom Festival! It's the 100th anniversary of the Japanese gift of the cherry blossom trees so they're already giving traffic cautions! I love your card! Perfect for the season!

Lynne said...

Very nice coloring. An elegant card.

Liz Williams said...

You are stamping with one of my favorites here, Tammy. Love your take on this sketch.

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Tammy! Love that beautifully colored Cherry Blossom. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! This is very pretty Tammy! The cherry blossoms image is so perfect for the sketch! Love the blue sponging behind the flower.

~ Jo ~ said...

this is so pretty tammy.. what is the card measurements?

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Tammy...the cherry branch looks fabbo! Hugs ~S~

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card - love the cherry blossums!!!

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful!

Kim said...

Your cherry blossoms are beautiful Tammy!! I need to pull that stamp out.

Can you please tell my how I claim my prize for winning last week's Timeless Tuesday challenge?? I thought I emailed you at the right address. I'm very excited and anxious. Thanks!! Kim

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This is so lovely Tammy! I love the way you coloured your blossoms, and popping a few up is so perfect!!

Yogi said...

BEAUTIFUL. The flowers are gorgeous.

Marlena M. said...

Those cherry blossoms are colored beautifully Tammy! I love the shading also.

Kathy said...

Beautiful flowers Tammy! So spring-like! Blessings! Kathy