Friday, April 30, 2010

Stamp Simply #137 - A Final Farewell


Hooray for Friday! It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge! I took a little break from the challenges this past month, and have come to the decision to continue that break permanently, so this challenge is bittersweet for me. I recently started on a new exercise program and am trying to eat healthier and lose some weight (I've lost 7 pounds already this month!), and have found that I could use just a little extra time in my week to devote to these endeavors. So with a heavy heart, I have decided to leave the Stamp Simply team. Sharon has always been wonderful to work with, as are all the girls on the team, so I hope you'll continue to play along with the challenges each week!

The challenge for today is to use 3-D flowers! You can dig into your stash of purchased flowers, like Prima flowers. Or you can create something with ribbon, or use your punches and/or Nestabilities and some designer paper to create a gorgeous flower! Let's see your beautiful May flowers!

I decided to use this yummy new paper I just got from My Mind's Eye, and I used my big scallop circles Nestabilities to create my paper flower today. I crumpled up all 4 pieces, inked the edges of each one with Tea Dye distress ink, then secured them all together with a button in the center. Easy-peasy and just a tiny bit of stamping here with the sentiment from Whipper Snapper!
Sharon has a fabulous sample for you on her blog, and the Stamp Simply team has some fabulous inspiration for you too, so be sure to check out their blogs!

Teresa Kline, April Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy your Friday!








Stamps: sentiment (Whipper Snapper "Beautiful Day")
Cardstock: red (Gina K Designs), kraft (Bazzill), designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Tea Dye Distress ink (Ranger), Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)Accessories: big scallop circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars), button (Papertrey Ink), Swiss Dots embossing folder (ProvoCraft).

21 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Soooo pretty, Tammy! Love all the distressing and texture ... and that pretty DP you used!

So sorry to see you leave, Tammy, you will be missed. Hope you find happiness and success no matter where your new opportunities lead. And congrats on the diet ... loosing 7 lbs in just 1 month is fabulous! GREAT job!!

I'll be around to visit your blog to see your creations and say hello.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend ... take care!

~Sending hugs, Deb

Kittie said...

Good for you, Tammy! I wish I could get myself motivated to move and exercise more. Your card is so darling. Uh.....are you going to leave our team??????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Your card is awesome! I love the flower you made. The colors are fabulous!

Congrats on the weight loss, Tammy! Good for you to be so motivated to be healthier. You go, girl!

jan metcalf said...

Adorable flower!!

C said...

Tammy, While I'm sorry to see you go, I SO understand! There is just so much time in the day and a healthy lifestyle does take time. Good for you, Friend! Congrats on your weight loss...you go girl.

Nice clean and simple card, too! :-)

Luanne said...

ooo! I love this! I love your colors so cheerful! Love the use of your circle nesties too. TFS!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So pretty! Best wishes in all your endeavors Tammy! We'll miss you!

Jenny Gropp said...

Good for you with the weight loss!!!! It's hard!
Love this fresh and fun floral! I will miss you on the SS team each week!!!!

Barbara Schram said...

Great flower and card, Tammy! Congrats on the weight loss! Best of luck to you!!!

dpkennedy said...

Love that flower! The papers and colors are so pretty! Good for you and best wishes on your get healthy program!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a darling card, Tam! LOVE that distressed flower -- it's just adorable! So sorry to see you leave us, but we KNOW how busy you are -- but come and play sometime!!! We'll miss you!!!

shannon said...

good luck with your new lifestyle!! continued success with your new healthy self and with your beautiful stamped creations.

Michele Boyer said...

This is gorgeous, Tammy! I love the big flower! Best of luck in reaching your goal! Hugs!

Beverley said...

Tammy...sorry to see you go...hope you will continue to post your beautiful work such as this card to your blog once in a while...you have been a wonderful inspiration...again!!...you and your beautiful cards will be missed...TFS...good luck and keep us informed as you reach your goal.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Barbara said...

I love this, Tammy! Love the Kraft and the papers you used for that flower. Perfect!

The Rubber Maid said...

Such a great thing you are doing for yourself. I'm so glad to hear of your progress and hope to continue to see it right here. Keep up the wonderful work. And I love your flower on this 3D
challenge. Pat

Tammy Hershberger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeAnne said...

Beautiful flower, Tammy! So sad to see you go from Sharon's DT but I understand the time commitments!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Tammy! I was thinking of dropping out at the store today - will u be there? jakewetzma@aol.com jane wetzel

Kristin Eberline said...

This is so pretty, Tammy! I'm so sorry to hear you are leaving the Stamp Simply challenges...I know you really enjoyed being on Sharon's team. BUT, on the flip side I'm thrilled that you are going for the gusto with your new, healthier lifestyle! Yay!!! BIG congratulations on losing 7 pounds already!!! That's AWESOME ♥

Janine said...

Well there sweetcheeks!! Stay in touch! Love your card and I am so glad that you are doing well in your weight loss and exercise.!! Keep it up!
Have a wonderful day! Talk to you soon!