Friday, April 2, 2010

Stamp Simply #133 - Chipboard



The Stamp Simply challenge today with Sharon Johnson is actually being brought to you by Janine! Last month, if you remember, Sharon let me choose the challenge for the first week of April. She thought that was such a fun idea that each month now, the first Friday's challenge will be hosted by one of the team members! So Janine's challenge for us this week is to use chipboard in your creation! Stop by Sharon's blog and you can read all the details for the challenge, and you can also link your own creation using Mr. Linky! And be sure to see Sharon's beautiful creation for today and leave her some love while you're there!

Last Friday evening I had the pleasure of going out to dinner with some old friends at Chili's! And we had the worst waitress! So terrible in fact, that she left a pile of drink coasters on our table! Well, not a pile, but maybe about a dozen. And they're the nice, light-weight kind that you can cut out with Nestabilities! So gosh darn, if they didn't end up in my purse by the end of the night! And I decided to use one of them today for the challenge. My Nestabilities ribbon slide is cut out of the chipboard, and then I cut a piece of designer paper to cover it with my sentiment.
My pretty Spring flowers are from my Beautiful Day Whipper Snapper stamp set illustrated by the fabulous Anna Wight, as well as the sentiment. I very simply colored each flower with a Copic marker, dabbed on a tiny bit of glue and added glitter!

As usual, a new month brings a new Guest Designer to the Stamp Simply team and we're so excited this month to have the uber-talented Teresa Kline joining us! Teresa's designs knock my socks off, and I know you'll love seeing what she has to share this month! After you visit her blog, stop by and see what my Stamp Simply sisters have created this week, too!


Now, say it LOUD with me..... TGIF!!! And not just any Friday, but Good Friday! The blessed day that our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life to save ours. Don't ever forget how much He loves YOU! Late last November, the church that I pass on my way to work everyday had this on their sign.... "The greatest gift wasn't purchased on Black Friday.... it was purchased on GOOD Friday!" Amen.

Happy stamping!








Stamps: Beautiful Day (Whipper Snapper Designs)Cardstock: Melon Mambo (Stampin' Up!), designer paper (Bo Bunny), white (Neenah)Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), glitter (Gary Burlin), ribbon (American Crafts), chipboard (Chili's Bar & Grill).

12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very cute! I love how that bad waitress just happened to enable you with those coasters! I never think to use them for a nestie like this!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, this is so cute! I love the simplicity and clean look. So spring!

Janine said...

Bad waitress***great card!! Have a Happy Easter Tammy!!

Julia Aston said...

Fun way to 'reuse' Tammy! I always grab those coasters and then they sit in my drawer waiting for me to take them out! Have a blessed Easter season!

Laura Pryor said...

I bet those coasters just jumped right into your purse!! Ahahahah...too funny!
This is so pretty! Have a wonderful day!

AShu93 said...

That's funny about the waitress.

And I just love that sign at the church. I think I know which one you mean. They always have great signs. Happy Easter to you too!

Jenny Gropp said...

LOL -- you coaster thief! Great card!!! Happy Easter! Hope the merry go round slows down and you can enjoy!

Deb Neerman said...

Toooooooo cute, Tammy! Love that stamped image and your fun chipboard label ... dang, I never remember to use those freebie coasters! I've got a drawer full of 'em, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

PS: LOVE the Chili's credit in your Supply List ... you kill me!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter, Tammy!

Teresa Kline said...

Tammy what a fabulous idea...I will have to remember this one....adorable card!

enjoy *~*

The Rubber Maid said...

Great use of the coasters and a darn cute card. Happy Easter Tammy and love the new picture on your blog here. Pat

Barbara said...

Way to go green with your chipboard! And I love that row of simple flowers! Very Spring-y!

Barbara Schram said...

I have a pile of Olive Garden coasters in my studio! LOL...they do make awesome chipboard creations! LOVE your card, Tammy!