Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ATS Wednesday Challenge - In Stitches!

We've got a FUN challenge for you today at All That Scraps! Today we're keeping you in stitches, by creating cards with stitching! Anyone can join in on this one, because even if you don't have a sewing machine or even a needle and thread, you can still do some faux stitching, too!

For my card, I have used Birgitta on a Tree Stump and used colors to match my designer paper. And that fabulous designer paper... it comes from my awesome friend Kristin, and it's her Pretty Impressions Printables digital paper that she designs for My Time Made Easy. This is from the Fun Flowers pack, and comes in eight different colors for your crafting enjoyment! I LOVE having papers like this available in a variety of colors! You can see my stitching for the challenge in the zig-zag border around the outer edges, and I also used this as an opportunity to try sewing pleated ribbon to my card! I love how this looks, and it was so easy to do. I'll be adding this to my cards again very soon!

Here's a close-up so you can maybe see better the sparkle! I used Diamond Dust on her wings, and some Spica glitter pens on the flowers and mushrooms!


Stop by the ATS Wednesday blog for all the challenge details, and join us for the challenge! Remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, you card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps online store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in-house designers, or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours! Then be sure to link up your creation using Mr. Linky by next Tuesday at 10:00 p.m. EST and only one entry per person, please!

Thanks for stopping by!






Stamps: Birgitta on a Tree Stump (CC Designs/All That Scraps), sentiment (Impression Obsession)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Cool Caribbean, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!), markers (Copic)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery (SU!), white (Neenah), designer paper (Fun Flower Pretty Impressions Printables)
Accessories: flower (Petaloo), button, ribbon, oval punches, brads (SU!).

10 comments:

jjcreations said...

Oh I like this Tammy - the colours are so bright and summery. I love the little curled up toes on this image. Very sweet card.

Barbara said...

So adorable!! OMGosh!! That little pink dress is colored PERFECTLY!!! Love it!

LeAnne said...

Oh, I love the stitching on this card...I need to try that pleated ribbon. It would lay nice & flat-no extra postage!

Christina Fischer said...

This is so sweet, Tammy! I love the stitching on the pleated ribbon!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful card! love the stitching and your wonderful coloring!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie Tammy! What pinks did you use on her dress, they are so pretty! I don't have any of the Melon Mambo, but I'm thinking this might be something I need! lol Love certainly celery! The pleated ribbon is great! Adds an awesome element to your card design.. I want to say, great grass, but it's more than that, it fits and with the flower... just perfect! love it! ♥
Pam Going Postal

Kim Burmeister said...

Oh, My! Tammy, this is adorable! You should be a copic instructor (wink, wink). I love your coloring.

Deb Neerman said...

Sooooooooooo cute! Love the image, the coloring, and that fab ribbon treatment!!

mycardz said...

It's so not fair that you can sew too!! And, straight! Your card is sooo gorgeous from the coloring to the papers, to that awesome sewing on the ribbon! WOW!

Kristin Eberline said...

Good gracious, girl! Your coloring...seriously has to be among the best of the best. This is gorgeous from the mushrooms to the pretty little girl's hair! You made it match my digi paper perfectly! It looks so fresh and fun just like your main image :]

Love your border stitching and that pleated ribbon! I am DETERMINED to break out my new sewing machine and learn to use it after I unpack my craft room!! Maybe you can visit and teach me to color AND sew! LeAnne's coming too :O)